Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
10 Ways to Motivate Yourself: Change Your Life Forever Kindle Edition
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The deathbed rule. Be aware of your mortality, that you have limited time in this life. Create some urgency around your goals, because you don't have "forever" to achieve them
2. Immediately create a vision of what you want to be..it will make you hungry to live that vision
3. Very similar to 3 above - create a picture of your highest (best) self, a picture you can live up to
4. Focus; cut out the noise, keep your goal firmly in sight, don't get distracted by worries & fears
5. "Stage" a battle bigger than the one you have to face (and which you fear). The "real" battle will then become easier
6. Remain focused on your goal(s), simplify your life; get rid of all that is superfluous & distracting. Focus & motivation go hand in hand
7. Don't grumble about your circumstances; rather look for opportunities. Opportunity is "all you need to be happy", and they are all around you!
8. This one is my favorite - Find your "buttons", i.e. what motivates/inspires you, and learn to push your own buttons. Control your environment (through pushing your buttons), so that your motivation remains under YOUR control
9. Build a track record to prove to YOURSELF that you can do something. I liked the idea of keeping this record in my notebook, and referring to it constantly to feel more confident about yourself.
10. And finally... life will be full of unexpected challenges. We often need to be creative to come up with solutions to these problems. Creativity is not the prerogative of a select few, we all possess it. It has nothing to do with originality, it is about tackling the unexpected.
So...does the book mention anything original? Not really...but it's nice to be reminded of what's important! Points number 8 and 9 were helpful, at least for me. Should you buy this book...well, it does make you think in the right direction, and heck - you can't go wrong with 10 bucks! I think I'll read some more books in this series!
A classic I would say.
Each smart and conveying in its own way.
I Love this.
That is the reason I give 5 stars.
This a tiny booklet. However that's exactly it's strength as well. The author has written to the point , precise descriptions about the things he wants to communicate to the readers. If you have 15minutes (which you obviously have) and Rs10 (it's a tiny amount btw) you ought to read this booklet. Just for a refresher course on self motivation. !!! Good luck.
2. Set your vision and picture yourself in it and make it true
3. Combine small tasks into one and execute
4. To admit that we are all creative
5. Eyes on the price
6. Simplify everything and to admit simplification is creativity not complexity
7. To view circumstances in different way
8. Notice everything and make note which makes you inspired
9 . Being hard on yourself, makes your life easier
2nd - The writer used lots of example which sounds true & possible.
3rd - It's easy to understand & simple so following few thoughts which you think should be applied in your case, could easily be learnt.
4th - This quick read book, You can use it as your 2 min reference on motivation. And Kindle 's highlighting feature does this job for you so smartly.
Nothing extraordinary, or a thumb rule to change the life overnight, but that's not what the book promised, right? Simple facts which, if followed, would definitely make your life better.
Definitely worth the money.