Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 65.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 78.00 Delivery charge
7 Secrets of Shiva Paperback – 11 November 2016
MP3 CD, Audiobook, MP3 Audio, Unabridged
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (3): 10% Instant discount with AU Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 10% Cashback on ICICI Bank American Express Credit Card EMI Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on HSBC Credit Card EMI transactions Here's how
- Cashback (3): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid only for select customers on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Buy 3, Get 5% extra off; Buy 4 or more, Get 7% extra off from this list Offered by Cloudtail India Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who read this book also read
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 195 g
- Paperback : 234 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9386224046
- ISBN-13 : 978-9386224040
- Publisher : Westland (11 November 2016)
- Dimensions : 12.9 x 1.5 x 19.81 cm
- Reading level : Baby - 2 years
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,267 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book clears the misconceptions about what Shiva is all about. Today it is easier to concentrate on the spirit of Lord Shiva, that it was earlier. Earlier it was a search for the concrete form.
This time his focus is on this hermit who is totally ditached from society yet gradually becomes a part of it with the help of his wife.
Books on Shiva always impressed me and overall the metaphors used for his wife and children are indeed very very impressive.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has read the other two of the trilogy or whoever is interested in knowing the deep metaphors about this hermit god.
A must for Shiva fans!
While this prolougue is intriguing, authors fails to deliver in the pages that follow. He takes isolated mythological stories and tries to uncover spiritual meaning in them. The meanings given are more of an individuals view. The books lacks consistency of thought and is more like jumbled representation of stories. Every page has picture ( some are really outrageous )on one side and text on the other without adequate relation between the two.
It's more of a commercial product than scholarly. Purchase if you want to read a few stories and undigested thoughts.
But overall a very good read...Many thanks to Devdutt Patnaik for deciphering the misundertood concepts for a layman like us