Have one to sell?
Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Authors
Something went wrong. Please try your request again later.
THE ART OF HAPPINESS IN A TROUBLED WORLD (REISSUE) Paperback – 8 July 2010
Enhance your purchase
Following on from the internationally bestselling The Art of Happiness, the Dalai Lama and Howard Cutler bring us the inspiring The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World.This inspirational book brings the successful East-meets-West pairing together again to provide a practical application of Tibetan Buddhist spiritual values to the fast-paced, unpredictable, stressful and demanding world we all live in today.In this wise, insightful and practical book, the Dalai Lama shows us how to follow the path that will lead us to fulfilment, purpose and happiness, even in our troubled modern times.
Special offers and product promotions
- 10% Instant Discount up to INR 1500 on SBI Credit Card EMI Trxn. Min purchase value INR 5000 Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to INR 1250 on SBI Credit Card Non-EMI Trxn. Min purchase value INR 5000 Here's how
- Flat INR 300 Instant Discount on SBI Debit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 5000 Here's how
- Additional Flat INR 5000 Instant Discount on SBI Credit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 100000 Here's how
- Additional Flat INR 1000 Instant Discount on SBI Credit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 75000 Here's how
- Additional Flat INR 1500 Instant Discount on SBI Credit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 50000 Here's how
- Additional Flat INR 1500 Instant Discount on SBI Credit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 30000 Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
- Super Offer: Claim your offer on any product of your choice and save - Click here to claim . Here's how
About the Author
His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the exiled religious and temporal leader of Tibet and winner of the 1989 Nobel Peace Prize, is recognised internationally as a spiritual leader and statesman. He lives in Dharamsala, India.
- Publisher : Hodder Paperbacks (8 July 2010)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 368 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0340794402
- ISBN-13 : 978-0340794401
- Item Weight : 302 g
- Dimensions : 13 x 2.3 x 19.6 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #35,759 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Follow authors to get new release updates, plus improved recommendations.
4.4 out of 5
86 global ratings
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Debra Amazon customer
Very spiritual uplifting bookReviewed in the United Kingdom 🇬🇧 on 28 December 2019
Really enjoyed this book it is a very positive uplifting book, it explains reasons behind our emotions as humans to life situations which bring about so many mixed emotions and working through those emotions to finding happiness it's one of those books you can always refer back to.
Mr Edward McLuskie
A must read seriesReviewed in the United Kingdom 🇬🇧 on 15 December 2013
Although I'm glad I bought & read this book, I felt that the first two books in this series were far more valuable. If you've read the first two and understand the message that they give, then I don't think that this book will teach you anything you don't already know. I don't feel that I really learned anything new from this book as all the points discussed in it were already covered, more or less, in the first two. This book tended to go into them in more detail from the scientific point of view and I felt that, on occasions, it laboured the point a little. For me, this made the book a little boring to read and I found myself switching off sometimes when trying to read it. Having said that, I think this series of books are the best and most valuable books I have ever read. Truly life changing in the most positive yet simple way.
4 people found this helpful
A must read!Reviewed in the United Kingdom 🇬🇧 on 22 December 2018
An excellent book which really changed me.
brilliantReviewed in the United Kingdom 🇬🇧 on 2 August 2014
This book is a brilliant read, couldn't put it down. Very worthy of the Art of Happiness series all of which have inspired me and changed my life.