The Art Lesson Hardcover – Import, 15 March 1989
"The perennial conflict between Individual and Authority, or between Artist and Society, lies beneath this anecdote, and it's gratifying to see the small non-conformist accommodated. Everyone can enjoy dePaola's gentle autobiographical evocation of a loving family and a happy obsession". — School Library Journal
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Publisher : G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers; First Edition (15 March 1989)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 32 pages
- ISBN-10 : 039921688X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0399216886
- Reading age : 2 - 5 years
- Item Weight : 340 g
- Dimensions : 21.29 x 0.99 x 26.19 cm
Best Sellers Rank:
#2,030,876 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #15,102 in Painting (Books)
- #34,097 in Children's Family, Personal & Social Issues (Books)
- #162,163 in Children's Literature & Fiction (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from other countries
At the beginning of the book, I wasn't sure it was good for my kid, as he had some serious behavior issues. By the time we got to the end of the book, it was clear that the message was to believe in oneself and never give up your dreams.
I noticed it was also on the 2nd to 3rd grade summer reading list.