- Paperback: 510 pages
- Publisher: Yogoda Satsanga Society of India; Complete edition (9 February 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 818953551X
- ISBN-13: 978-8189535513
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 2.5 x 18.3 cm
- Customer Reviews: 2,048 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #359 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 85.00 Delivery charge
Autobiography of a Yogi (Complete Paperback Edition) Paperback – Illustrated, 9 February 1998
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer: 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with SBI Credit cards and Credit Card EMIs Here's how
- No Cost EMI (2): No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback: Get daily rewards up to ₹100 on shopping with Amazon Pay UPI.Check your eligibility here Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Autobiography of a Yogi describes the life of Paramahansa Yogananda begining with his childhood, finding his guru Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri, becoming a monk and practicing Kriya Yoga meditation and his travels across America to spread his teachings.
It also describes his encounters with spiritual and notable figures of both the Eastern and the Western world such as Therese Neumann in Bavaria, the Hindu saint Ananda Moyi Ma, Mahatma Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, C. V. Raman, J. C. Bose, Giri Bala (the woman yogi who never eats), Tiger swami (fought tigers with hands), Sleepless saint, etc.
The book describes many accounts of supernatural episodes like visions, reincarnations, levitation, teleportation, etc. It also mentions magic healings, perfume magic, electrons and protons manipulated by prana lifetrons, etc.
It also talks about Yoga as science of meditation and mind control, the science of Kriya yoga to rejuvenate body, Om sound to concentrate, life force controlled by breath action, etc.
He respected all religions and has shared the teachings of Jesus Christ and various other religious figures also.
Overall, it is a very interesting book. You need to read it with an open mind :)
If you liked like my review and found it helpful, please click on the 'Helpful' button. Thanks:)
Excellent book or I should say bestest product till date I have bought it.
Steve Jobs talked about it and gifted to his family. Virat Kohli tweeted about it.
PM launched stamp on Shri Paramhansa Yogananda and many more by many people.
Book consists chapter like PERFUME Saint , 2BODY Saint ...
Each chapter looks like an episode of a series name "Mystics " of India.
And also English used in books comprises a vast vocabulary for competition preparation also . You can read it like a fictional novel.
Page quality is very nice at a reasonable price near 120rs .
Also it consists a CD .
So powerful package for knowledge seekers.
I bought it, read a few pages, it felt like I have also joined the spiritual journey of Yogi P. Yogananda.
You need to read this book in a very calm & quite mood. The journey on which this autobiography takes us is pretty impressive.
If you're having a troubled time or going through depression etc., read this is BOOK.
Hop you can understand what I'm trying to convey through my review. This is one of the MUST READ BOOKS.
A vibrant life of a real Superman. I gladly recommend this book to every one of you. It has messages, morals, quotes which I have duly underlined.
Named one of the 100 Best Spiritual Books of the Twentieth Century, Paramahansa Yogananda’s remarkable life story takes you on an unforgettable exploration of the world of saints and yogis, science and miracles, death and resurrection.
Point to note:- This book shown is small in size with small font like a minibook. If you want to have a good normal big size hardcover book search for it on Amazon. One drawback of hardcover book is that you will not get audio CD with that book. It is only available with mini size book. So order accordingly.
Top international reviews
Wish I had read this years ago!
Positive Blessings on every page!
She enjoyed reading it and found it interesting .