Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Betty Crocker Cookbook, 12th Edition: Everything You Need to Know to Cook from Scratch Kindle Edition
About the Author
- ASIN : B01I4FPJDA
- Publisher : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Illustrated edition (11 October 2016)
- Language : English
- File size : 137817 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 691 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #527,208 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
1. It does not have tabs separating the different categories (e.g. breakfasts, drinks, desserts, etc). I plan on making my own, as it is a big pain to have to search for a specific recipe each time I go back.
2. The pages are very thin -- as in, magazine thin. I don't remember my mom's book having such easy-to-tear pages (but I do remember them getting caked in flour and cocoa over the years!)
Regardless, I plan to buy this book again as wedding gifts for my friends! :)
All that said, it has taught me plenty as to the basic steps of cooking to give me the confidence to take on those more fancy and fun Pinterest recipes.
It certainly isn’t what I would call trendy as to special diets or nutrient dense meals but it’s reliable enough to give you a good foundation on any recipe you want to take a stab at and make substitutions as needed to suit your diet. It does offer some gluten free and vegetarian recipes though and mentions dairy substitutes as well.
So I would recommend this cookbook, of course, but I wouldn’t purchase from this seller again.
The original picture cookbook and also the B.C. cookbook from the 80's might not have had such innovative cooking ideas, but at least you could FIND what you were looking for!
And who needs the cooking instructions, when most of the recipes ask for a mix, or a can of something! Given the previous editions, I expected something better. Disappointed.