The Book with No Pictures Hardcover – 30 September 2014
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback: 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
* "“This book may not have pictures, but it's sure to inspire lots of conversations—and laughs . . . A riotously fresh take on breaking the fourth wall.”"— Kirkus, starred review
"This book is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, and it’s perfect for one-on-one sharing with a parent or caregiver. Expect requests for repeated readings."—School Library Journal
"Actor Novak’s expert sense of comic timing is on full display in his first picture book . . . sure to deliver big laughs."— Publishers Weekly
"Listeners will be tickled by hearing adults say ridiculous things . . . The comic pacing and foolproof theatrics ensure a wild and silly trip through the pages for everyone."— The Horn Book
"This picture book with no pictures knows a thing or two about both books and kid-friendly comedy . . . Once children get the joke, they'll want to play it on as many of their grownups as possible."— The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
"Unlike any of the children's books you read growing up."— Bustle.com
"Will have little ones laughing and finding a new appreciation for words."— Entertainment Weekly
"A perfectly-pitched tool for parental humiliation and childish glee."— The Boston Globe
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 454 g
- Hardcover : 48 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0803741715
- ISBN-13 : 978-0803741713
- Product Dimensions : 21.29 x 1.22 x 26.19 cm
- Publisher : Dial Books (30 September 2014)
- Reading level : 5 - 8 years
- Language: : English
Best Sellers Rank:
#161,884 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #842 in Children's Humour (Books)
- #2,245 in Children's Family, Personal & Social Issues (Books)
- #14,308 in Children's Literature & Fiction (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But a rule of caution for parents -
This book works only if you are able to read it with all expressions and funny voices.
A plain text read may not appeal to your child, and you may feel that you lost money at this purchase.
buy it only if you know you will be able to do justice to the book as there aren't any pictures to keep children hooked.
It only depends on parents/ other grownups to make it interesting.
For those who are able to make it interesting, it really is worth every penny spent.
It turned out to be a hit with my 5 year old though. He absolutely loves when i read it to him. And what more, he has started reading this book himself. Before this book, he has never showed inclination to 'read', (which is fair, he is only 5) and preferred to just look at pictures. This book changed that. Everyday, he has been reading this book to everyone in the family and laughs uncontrollably at the silly things in the book.
I still think it is quite expensive though.
Top reviews from other countries
By the end of the second reading my son declared it "the funniest book ever" and he has a lot of books and has read and been read to a lot.
Buy it, you won't regret it and by the end you too will probably be crying with laughter.
My child is aged 7 years.
Got it for my 6.5 year old and he literally wet himself laughing. I appreciate this may not be the ideal outcome most people want but to me this fact alone says buy it. I have read it to him three times already since he opened it 10 minutes ago, and he is now reading it to himself :-) One happy boy.