• Fundamentals and important strategies included
• Practical approach for application by business & working professionals
Business Strategy Essentials You Always Wanted To Know prepares new managers and leaders with building blocks of strategy. You will learn how to define strategy and how strategy differs at different levels of an organization. Identifying your company’s current strategy and then being able to execute possible appropriate strategies is a key thing you will learn reading this book. You are given tools to assist you with some of the more challenging aspects of strategy such as environmental scanning, SWOT analysis, and strategy analysis.After you have learned how to execute some of these strategies, you will learn what organization structures fit best with specific strategies. These timeless elements of strategy will provide you the fundamentals with a 21st century point of view.
Business Strategy Essentials You Always Wanted To Know gives you a look into the world of strategic management and some of its key elements. When you have completed reading this book you should be able to:
• Define strategic statements in an organization, understand its functions and elements
• Understand industry life cycles and industry structures
• Understand Porter’s Five Forces and its effect on strategic analysis and development
• Understand strategy formulation and strategy levels
• Understand strategy execution do’s and don’ts
• Read case studies and identify salient points
This Self-Learning Management Series intends to give a jump start to working professionals, whose job roles demand to have the knowledge imparted in a B-school but haven’t got a chance to visit one. This series is designed to address every aspect of business from HR to Finance to Marketing to Operations, be it any industry. Each book includes basic fundamentals, important concepts, standard and well-known principles as well as practical ways of application of the subject matter. The distinctiveness of the series lies in that all the relevant information is bundled in a compact form that is very easy to interpret.