COIR GARDEN Coir Seedling Cups For Plants, 4 inch, 5 Pieces
|You Save:||₹ 700.00 (70%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
|Item Depth||4 inches|
|Mounting Type||Wall Mount|
About this item
- 4 inch coir pot. (10.5cm (top dia) x 7.5cm (bottom dia) x 7cm (height)). Pack of 5. The thickness of the pot is 4 mm.
- Best potting container for root aeration. Perfect for planting directly into the soil or larger pots.Minimal root disturbance promotes stronger, healthier plants. Made from biodegradable coconut fibre.
- Coco Liners are eco-friendly and lasts for longer period of time.Reduces the need for watering by as much as 50 percent.
- Coir pots are biodegradable pots and an excellent growing medium for plants and can be transplanted into the soil with the pot itself. Coco-coir pots have an exceptionally high permeability to water, air and roots.Coco pots promotes root distribution( aerial root pruning ) thus allowing complete usage of the pot.
- Use sprayers to water the plants.Plants planted directly into the ground in coir pots will settle in and take off more quickly.
|Are you a business? Get GST invoice and bulk discounts|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Frequently bought together
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 21.8 x 11.1 x 10.5 cm; 250 Grams
- Date First Available : 25 March 2018
- Manufacturer : VOOLEX
- ASIN : B07BQ1J5NK
- Item part number : 12L2
- Manufacturer : VOOLEX
- Item Weight : 250 g
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,488 in Garden & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Garden & Outdoors)
- Customer Reviews:
Coir pots are made out of coconut coir fiber bounded together by natural latex and molded to a attractive shape. The coir material allows air and water to move through the pot while containing soil, so the plants don’t have to pulled from the pot at planting time. Plants grown in coir in the greenhouse have better root structures than those in plastic pots.Air pruning of the roots occurs once they grow through the walls of the pot, therefore other smaller roots develop as well. There is no root twirling, no root bound plants, no need to manipulate the root ball before planting to help it grow and therefore no root shock. Once planted in the ground, air pruned roots grow again and robust root growth can be seen after just 10 days.They are very popular among nurseries due to the convenience of replanting without removing the pot. Loss of root disturbance result continuous growth over the newly established field.
- Plants grown in these pots benefit from air pruning.
- Pots add texture to the soil as they degrade.
- Plant roots will grow through the pot walls, encouraging a strong root system.
- Absorbs water better.
- Moderates moisture and increase microbial activity.
- High tensile strength and lignin content.
The coir pot is easily bio-degradable and transforms into organic matter in due course. Being bio-degradable it decomposes over time to form humus and further helps in the plant’s growth.
When plants are grown in a coir pot, the roots quickly penetrate the pot walls. Contact with the air stops the roots from growing, root buds start to appear and secondary roots start to develop throughout the pot.
Avoids transplantation shock
There in no shock from transplanting, this difference is particularly marked when ground conditions are difficult (cold, drought, adverse season etc…)There is no deformity in the root system, the plant establishes easily and settles into the soil better. This is particularly important for perennials.
Coir pots retain water for long time by decreasing evaporation of water from pot. Holds moisture, keeping the potting mix moist.
Coir pots are used in horticultural farms, flower gardens, greenhouses, and nurseries. Coir pots can be used with natural flower plants to give homes and offices an elegant look. . Commercial growers can use the pots to grow plants that can be planted directly into the ground, skipping the transplanting step, which often leads to transplant shock.
When a plant grown in a coir pot is planted or re-potted, without removing the pot, the dormant root buds set during aerial containment are immediately active. The volume of the pot is used 100% by a dense network of root hairs of the plant. In containers with impermeable walls, a few very long roots use all the area around the pot.
Compare with similar items
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Pranshu Singh on 15 August 2020
Not very sturdy but good enough.
1/5 was a little defective (warped edges), but still using it.
By Rajni Gill on 22 August 2020