- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 2016 edition (2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781316627310
- ISBN-13: 978-1316627310
- ASIN: 1316627314
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 18 x 1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 174 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #965 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Cambridge English: IELTS 11 General Training with Answers (With Audio CD) Paperback – 2016
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): Get 5% up to Rs. 1000 Instant Discount on Axis Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Save more on book combosThis book is part of a collection. Unlock additional offers by shopping for the complete collection Shop now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
174 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Firstly, the most important things that you will want to know: -
●No Book can teach you English as a crash course. This book is not an English learning course.
●This is an IELTS preparation practice book for aspirants who want to appear for the exam.
●This is preparatory book only for the General Training Module and NOT for the Academic Module.
●There are four practice samples tests in this book (4x Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking).
●The purpose of this book is to familiarize you with the format of the IELTS exam, so that you know what to expect in each of the four formats.
●Realistically, only the Reading and Listening sample tests will be of practical use to you as you can score yourself with the actual correct answers.
●Writing test is subjective to how you write and there is no way to score yourself on it. However you could study the model answers and figure out how to construct your answers and arguments or how to build the beginning and how to conclude your essays and responses. Read as many model answers as you can from books and on the internet.
●Speaking is also subjective and although you will get a fair idea regarding the flow of the conversation at the interview and the time you’re supposed to spend answering each question, by listening to the mock interviews and the transcripts. You will have to prepare yourself not just on the possible topics but on the approach you will take to respond on stuff you’re an expert on or on topics which you have no clue about. Hot tip: See some YouTube videos on Mock IELTS interviews to prepare.
●I did all the tests in this book (among others) and was confident when I appeared for my IELTS exam regarding the formats the questions would be in, and how I was expected to mark and answer them. I felt prepared.
In my opinion, you should get this book, and any others you can, and practice hard before you take the test. If you’re not scoring high on practice tests, then introspect where and why you are going wrong. Prepare some more. Both British Council and IDP have sample material which they provide after you enroll for the test. (IDP sent me a Sample Practice Book and had practice model papers after login also)
However do not make the mistake of purchasing this book to learn English. This book is not for that.
My final IELTS score total = 8.5 Band.
Hope this Helps!
If you want to attend mock tests before attending the actual exam, then this book is for you. You will feel like you attended 4 IELTS general tests.
It would have been nice to also have transcripted or audio clip in the CD for speaking section. But there isn't any, so have to depend on YouTube videos.