|User Guide [PDF]|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the program.
- Wide-angle lens for canon APS-C cameras (equivalent to 38mm on a full-frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24mm 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x 0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF-S series, Anti-dust and Moisture: Not Supported
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in one shot AF mode
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.16 m/0.5 ft
Save Extra with 1 offer
- No Cost EMI : On Bajaj Finserv EMI cards if you checkout only with this item. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Style: Lens Only
EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format 38mm (35mm Equivalent) One Aspherical Element Optimized Lens Coatings STM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AF Micro-Stepping Drive Aperture Mechanism Full-Time Manual Focus Override Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm Slim Design Measures Less Than 1-Thick From the Manufacturer EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Incredibly lightweight, the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM is a fast and versatile lens with advanced AF and superior optics. With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 38mm, it's appropriate for a variety of purposes. The lens features optimized lens element placement and includes an aspheric element for high image quality from the center of the composition to the corners, and has specialized coatings on the lens elements to reduce ghosting and flare. To ensure excellent color balance, a 7-blade circular aperture provides superb out-of-focus detail. The EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM excels during movie shooting thanks to its STM motor that enables silent and smooth focus tracking (on EOS cameras with Movie Servo AF), plus a micro-stepping drive that keeps aperture changes quiet. The lens also offers full-time manual focus, manual AF adjustment (one-shot AF), and can focus down to a minimum distance of 0.5 ft. (0.16m). Delivering optical brilliance in a lightweight and unobtrusive construction, the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM is a great fixed-optical length lens for photographers looking to add a travel-friendly option to their collection. Specifications Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 24mm 1:2.8 Lens Construction: 6 elements in 5 groups Diagonal Angle of View: 59°10' Focus Adjustment: Full lens extension Closest Focusing Distance: 0.52 ft. / 0.16 m Filter Size: 52mm Max Diameter x Length, Weight: Approx. 2.7 x 0.9 in. / 68.2 x 22.8 mm, Approx. 4.4 oz. / 125 g Sample Image Click here for larger image MTF Charts.
From the manufacturer
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Wide-angle lens for Canon APS-C cameras (equivalent to 38mm on a full-frame camera) offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF-S series
- A stepping motor (STM) supports the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function to provide smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos
- Delivers outstanding image quality and excellent low-light performance
- Aspheric lens element helps you achieve a high level of image quality from the center to the periphery
- Optimized lens arrangement and coating helps minimize ghosting and flare
Customers who bought this item also bought
Amazon's ChoiceCustomers also viewed these Amazon's Choice items
Review this product
75 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I use it with my Canon 60D. Despite narrower aperture than the 50mm, the 24mm needs even less light. I can get away with just adjusting the AEB settings by a point or two in low light, and not touching aperture, ISO and shutter speed, without flash. Close-up shots are, needless to say, much easier than with the 50mm or 40mm. I don't need a macro lens to photograph coins and watches. Since the 24mm has greater DOF than the 50mm lens, I can actually manage to take selfies (until my arm hurts from the camera weight)!
The lens weighs and measures next to nothing, so I don't have to carry my huge camera bag along; it fits nicely with the camera in my daily handbag. Less noisy than the 50mm (I mean literal sound, not grain!), the lens feels sturdy and not as cheap as the 50mm did. It fits more securely than the other two.
I have managed to take decent videos with this - better quality than my Sony Handycam.
This lens and my zoom lens are all I will need at my level!
Cons: No IS. But that's expected at this price, and I've had fewer shaky shots thanks to the lightweight lens.
PS: I am no longer using the 18-55mm kit lens after buying this one :) as the picture quality of this lens is far better than kit lens.
Good for photography in room and tighter conditions
Less background bokeh as it max out at f2.8
Overall good lens to have in the kit.