Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 80.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
+ ₹ 99.00 Delivery charge
The Catcher in the Rye Hardcover – Import, 1 November 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (9): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Kotak Bank Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 250 on minimum order of Rs. 1,000 with RuPay Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Citi/Kotak/ICICI Cards (except ICICI Debit): Additional Flat cashback of Rs.1,500 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- For Non-Prime members: Get 5% instant discount + 3% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Prime Savings : Save 10% with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card: Additional Flat cashback of Rs.750 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Shop and get a chance to win exciting cashback rewards every hour Click here to know more Here's how
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
He wrote a perfect novel and it changed US culture forever, Independent
His work meant a lot to me when I was a young person and his writing still sings. -- Dave Eggers
It was a very pure voice he had. There was no one like him -- Martin Amis
He was the poet of youthful alienation before youth really knew what that was, Sunday Times
Tough-tender... It charts the miseries and ecstasies of an adolescent rebel [in] acidly humorous deadpan satire, TIME
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 301 g
- ISBN-10 : 0241984750
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0241984758
- Product Dimensions : 13.8 x 2.2 x 20.4 cm
- Publisher : Penguin (1 November 2018)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #12,106 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I don't think k it is an original penguin print, i am pretty sure the seller is selling a plagarised version of this book. My advice, definitely read this book but do NOT buy from this seller/publisher, very disappointed!
What irked me was the unrealness of his character. Salinger tried so hard to make him 'relatable', that he stopped seeming real at all. Every person has at least a little ability to surprise you. But Holden barely does, says or thinks anything. And the worst part is that this blandness of his character is not realistic. It's entirely artificial.
In conclusion, all I want to say is: They're all phonies!
Holden is arguably the worst character ever created . If Holden is an example of a typical teen , I might as well consider myself well and truly aged and withering. He is disgusting for the way he is self centered and can’t really grow up . Imagine meeting a person who can only whine for days and nothing else and try identifying with them . If you can’t do that , I can’t imagine why anyone would connect with Holden in anyway .
Let’s also not forget the story that was as awful as the protagonist . Well the plot is…Oh wait ! Omg I lost the plot ! Or was it even there ? Seriously , though, what is the plot ? . All that really happened in the book is Holden swearing , drinking , dancing , and the cycle repeats . I bought a book to read about someone drinking and dancing ?? Honestly ??!
I don’t know how this book made to one of the 100 best books of 20th century , but I declare this the most overrated book that could ever exist . I don’t wish this book upon anyone
The way he writes is damn engaging and bounding. It's just like when we talk to our best friend; or when we talk to ourselves all the time.🌈
This book is about a boy- Caulfield👲; who has been flicked out from number of schools, due to his inability to perform good in academics.
Though his observation of people, of place, of situations is way too keen and mostly negative. .
Also the feeling of true love yet not knowing what to do about it because you really dont know what you are feeling.
This book describes in the best way the mind of a teenager.
Amazon is the best online shopping site when it comes to book. 👍🏻 Geniune products and always on time.
Top reviews from other countries
used to love this book when he was still a man. I remember well how he used to go on and on about it when we first met. There was some connection to The Beatles I’m sure, but I wasn’t really listening. Even then he bored me a little. It was the tone of his voice rather than the subject matter. He could make anything sound dull. And that only got worse as time wore on. Talk about ‘phoney’. Even when he announced that he didn’t think he was supposed to be a man, a gay one at that, that he he he was in the wrong body and all that malarkey, he could’ve been talking about the weather, so monotonous was his voice. I don’t know WHERE I’m going with all this, why I’m telling you, or why I’m buying the book. I just want to understand, though I don’t suppose I ever shall.