Six Centuries Of English Poetry [from] Tennyson To Chaucer Paperback – Import, 16 October 2018
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback: 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- ISBN-10 : 0343542846
- ISBN-13 : 978-0343542849
- Paperback : 310 pages
- Item Weight : 435 g
- Product Dimensions : 15.6 x 1.65 x 23.39 cm
- Publisher : Franklin Classics (16 October 2018)
- Language: : English
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
This collection includes many poets including William Wordsworth, Samuel Coleridge, Robbie Burns, John Keats, Alexander Pope, John Skelton, William Shakespeare, William Cowper, Percy Shelly, Geoffrey Chaucer and Alfred, Lord Tennyson among others. The book has poems and parts of poems and goes in a backwards order starting at the 19th century. There is notes to explain words and parts accompanying many poems which is very helpful and interesting biographical information about each poet who is included in the book. There is also a section on ballads which was very interesting and entertaining. It is a wonderful overview of many amazing poets, the times they wrote in and their work. The book certainly encouraged me to read more work in the future by a lot of these poets. I loved reading about the biographies and seeing the different perspectives the poets wrote from. That was really interesting.
There is downsides to the book. It isn’t very diverse in the choice of poets and therefore doesn’t show ideas or the times from a lot of different perspectives. There is also a certain amount of classism in this book and is present in Robbie Burns’ biography with some of the language used.
A really great read but definitely has problematic elements.
BUT, the poems are difficult to read as they are aligned half-way across the page, so the lines break. And there are no active links to get from the contents to the poems and no chapter markings to skip to the next, and looking up the footnotes is quite awkward. All in all, it looks a mess. It may be worth paying a little more for another version.
Another electronic gem, thanks Kindle.