- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; Indian edition (27 October 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780195628166
- ISBN-13: 978-0195628166
- ASIN: 0195628160
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 20 x 22 cm
- Customer Reviews: 2,697 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #43 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Certificate Physical And Human Geography; Indian Edition Paperback – 27 October 1995
Save Extra with 3 offers
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
fantastic book for developing physical geography gyan. good for civil services. people complaining that it is very old version (1974 edition) so it is and thats why it is so cheap. it doesn't matter that its Bombay or Mumbai or USSR or Russia as this book deals with physical geo. not the political one. --Abdul Ahad Siddique on Nov 19, 2013
It is a must buy book for getting hold of geography concepts. It is rich in diagrams, illustrations and case studies. It has always been favourite with geography toppers and also'for'general studies. In prelims geography carries considerable weight especially environmental geography which this books covers quite nicely. --vinay on Jun 11, 2012
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Save more on book combosThis book is part of a collection. Unlock additional offers by shopping for the complete collection Shop now
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, most of the black and white photographs of the real-world locations in this book are so hazy that the geographical features they seek to illustrate cannot be seen. It does not pose a big problem though, for one can use the internet to find similar images.
Furthermore, there is very little information about earthquakes, tides and plate tectonics in this book. One must read NCERT for those or some other reference book as these are important topics.
Another problem with this book is the fact that it has not been updated since 1970's; that's why, the book mentions the erstwhile USSR and Yugoslavia and not their successor states i.e. Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia etc. Of course, this is a niggling issue but less history-savvy readers might get confused.
All in all, this book is indispensable as a primer for physical geography and climatology. It also can be used for quick revision before the UPSC Civil Services prelims exam. However, being a rather slim book it cannot suffice for the General Knowledge paper of Mains and one must supplement it with another book of physical geography.
For this reason, I highly recommend reading Introducing Physical Geography by Alan H. Strahler which is the gold standard for this subject. In my opinion, that book should be the physical geography bible for UPSC aspirants. In addition, one must also read the class XI NCERT on physical geography as it is the base for physical geography.