Chickens Aren't the Only Ones: A Book About Animals that Lay Eggs (Explore!) Paperback – Import, 24 May 1999
Paperback, Illustrated, Import
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer: 10% Instant discount with AU Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- Cashback (3): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid only for select customers on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
She then began work on a collection of six books, the How To Hide series on camouflage and the magic of this phenomenon in nature, which covered the entire animal kingdom -- insects, birds, mammals, amphibians, reptiles, and sea creatures. The next collection of books became a five-volume series on parts of speech: A Cache of Jewels and Other Collective Nouns; Kites Sail High: A Book About Verbs; Many Luscious Lollipops: A Book About Adjectives; Merry-Go-Round: A Book About Nouns; and Up, Up and Away: A Book About Adverbs. She also wrote and illustrated the unique and fascinating book Color, a charming and instructive guide to how art goes through the four color printing process.
Among the notable people who have had an influence on Heller's writing have been: Ogden Nash, Gilbert and Sullivan, Edward Lear, Hilaire Belloc, and Dr. Seuss. Heller says of her work, "All my books are nonfiction picture books in rhyme. I find writing in rhyme enjoyable and challenging, and I think it is an easy way for children to learn new facts and acquire a sophisticated vocabulary. Children are not intimidated by big words. I try to make my writing succinct and allow the illustrations to convey as much information as possible."
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 176 g
- Paperback : 48 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0698117786
- ISBN-13 : 978-0698117785
- Dimensions : 22.23 x 0.43 x 23.5 cm
- Publisher : Puffin Books; Illustrated edition (24 May 1999)
- Reading level : 2 - 8 years
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #117,181 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Overall, buy the paperback or hardcover, not the library binding as it cuts off the word caterpillar in the spine.
BTW, I bought this book without realizing that I already own a number of her books. I liked her camouflage books too.