Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Cooking for Jeffrey: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook Hardcover – 25 October 2016
About the Author
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Maple-Roasted Carrot Salad Recipe
• 2 pounds carrots, preferably with leafy tops
• Good olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ cup pure Grade A maple syrup
• 2/3 cup dried cranberries
• 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
• 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
• 2 garlic cloves, grated on a Microplane
• 6 ounces baby arugula
• 6 ounces goat cheese, such as Montrachet, medium-diced
• 2/3 cup roasted, salted Marcona almonds
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Trim and scrub the carrots. If the carrots are more than 1 inch in diameter, cut them in half lengthwise. Cut the carrots in large diagonal slices 1 inch wide × 2 inches long (they will shrink when they roast) and place in a medium bowl with ¼ cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss well and transfer to two sheet pans. (If you use just one, they’ll steam instead of roasting.) Roast for 20 minutes, tossing once, until the carrots are tender. Transfer all the carrots to one of the sheet pans, add the maple syrup, toss, and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are caramelized. Watch them carefully! Toss with a metal spatula and set aside for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer, then set aside for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, and ½ teaspoon salt. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the arugula in a large bowl and add the carrots, cranberries (with their liquid), goat cheese, almonds, and the vinaigrette. Toss with large spoons, sprinkle with salt, and serve at room temperature.
- Publisher : Clarkson Potter; 1st Edition (25 October 2016)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 030746489X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0307464897
- Item Weight : 1 kg 30 g
- Dimensions : 19.81 x 2.16 x 25.91 cm
- Net Quantity : 1 each
Best Sellers Rank:
#1,039,200 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #32,094 in Food, Drink & Entertaining (Books)
- Customer Reviews: