Top positive review
Cosmic Byte vs Redgear
Reviewed in India on 16 March 2019
Chances are you probably wanna decide between this controller and the one from Redgear. I have both.
Speaking in general, they are not very different from each other. The basic differences between the two comes down to
3. Extra features
1. Quality - Both controllers feel almost the same in quality as the other. My Redgear controller tho broke pretty fast. The issue with these controllers are in the trigger buttons. They use a spring mechanic which will lose it's springyness over time. My Redgear controller broke within 15 months. As for Cosmic Byte, lets see how long it lasts. I will update this review as soon as it breaks, if there is no update in this point then the controller has been working since 25-Feb-2019.
2. Aesthetics - Both controllers look great but the XYAB keys on Cosmic Byte are a lot better! The LEDs shine brightly and in dark it just looks amazing.
3. Extra features - Both controllers have the exact same features, except Cosmic Byte comes with a FREE usb dongle which lets you attach the controller to your phone's microusb slot. I haven't tried playing games on the phone with it but you most probably can use this controller on your phone as well. You can also use this free dongle to attach pen drives to your phone. It's an extra feature which is definitely a plus.
4. Preference - All in all, your preference is what matters once it comes to holding that controller in your hand and playing the games. For me, both controllers feel alright. Redgear feels a bit heavier which I like more but it doesn't really make that much of a difference.
5. Price - Cosmic Byte costed me Rs. 749 while Redgear costed me Rs. 1,299. That is almost half the price of Redgear with little to no difference. Even on good days I've seen Redgear drop price but it is almost never lower than Rs. 999 so Cosmic Byte is a much more value for your money.
Overall, I recommend this controller. I hope it lasts for a long time.