- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Puffin (16 October 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0143442341
- ISBN-13: 978-0143442349
- Package Dimensions: 20.1 x 13.2 x 1.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 45 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #173 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 90.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 75.00 Delivery charge
The Daughter from a Wishing Tree: Unusual Tales about Women in Mythology Paperback – 16 Oct 2019
Humour Books for ChildrenDo you love humorous reads? Explore our wide varieties of humorous books for children. Shop now
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): Get 5% up to Rs. 1000 Instant Discount on Axis Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Sudha Murty was born in 1950 in Shiggaon, north Karnataka. She did her MTech in computer science and is now the chairperson of the Infosys Foundation. A prolific writer in English and Kannada, she has written novels, technical books, travelogues, collections of short stories and non-fictional pieces and several bestselling titles for children. Her books have been translated into all the major Indian languages. Sudha Murty is the recipient of the R.K. Narayan Award for Literature (2006), the Padma Shri (2006), the Attimabbe Award from the Government of Karnataka for excellence in Kannada literature (2011) and most recently, the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2018 Crossword Book Awards.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
45 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Author : Sudha Murthy
Genre : Mythology
Rating : 5 / 5
Hola bookworms !!
Whenever we talk or hear about mythology, the first ones who come in our mind are either Lord Krishna, Pandavas, Lord Ram or even Draupadi and Sita for that matter. But, there are also many other women who hold an important place in our mythological stories.
So here is again a masterpiece by Sudha Murthy which narrates surprising tales of women other than Draupadi and Sita who have been equally successful in setting an example of heroism, love, sacrifice, and bravery. .
This book is undoubtedly a quintessential read for the ones who would love to dive deep into the world of mythology. Despite being a sucker of mythology, there were various tales about which I was totally unaware. This book discusses the different forms of Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Parvati and many other women who have been a part of our primitive stories. .
Sudha Murthy is an author who manages to weave stories with her immense knowledge and countless life experiences. The simplicity in her language and lucidity in her writing style is just praiseworthy. Every story that she writes, either mythology or from her life experiences teaches us a lesson which should be treasured forever. .
You should read this book even if you are not an avid reader. Reading such books makes my love for reading even more deep. Peeps, just read this book and do thank me later if you liked it as much as I did.
I highly recommend it to all Booklovers n fans of sudha mam.. dis is my first book of hers.. already am fan of hers for her simplicity as a person.. aft reading I just wanted to read all her books.. enjoy reading.. you will love it for sure..