- Reading level: 9 - 11 years
- Hardcover: 224 pages
- Publisher: Penguin UK (9 April 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0241405602
- ISBN-13: 978-0241405604
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 2.4 x 20.4 cm
- Customer Reviews: 1,699 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,591 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 70.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson's Journal (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) Hardcover – 9 April 2019
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (3): Prime Savings : 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 650 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with HDFC Bank Debit Card (Non-EMI) transactions. Here's how
- Prime Savings : 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with HDFC Bank Credit Card and Credit/Debit EMI transactions. Here's how
- Prime Savings : Flat 5% Reward Points + 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000) Here's how
- No Cost EMI (2): No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback: Get daily rewards up to ₹100 on shopping with Amazon Pay UPI.Check your eligibility here Here's how
- Partner Offers (3): Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It’s a good book written through Rowley's perspective rather than that of Greg.
My thirteen year old loved the book and this is his review.
In 2019 'Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid — Rowley Jefferson's Journal' was published. This book further reinforces the fact that today, Jeff Kinney is a man completely exhausted of creativity as far as the Wimpy Kid books are concerned. Awesome Friendly Kid is a disaster right from the word 'go' — one long monotonous rant that hardly raises any laughs. It may entertain ten year olds but that is all there is to it.
What I find sad is that in writing this book Jeff Kinney has done immense harm to his own creation Wimpy Kid Greg Heffley. In this book, page after page, Rowley narrates how cleverly he is manipulated, exploited and bullied by his 'best friend' Greg. Greg emerges as a villain kid of sorts. The image of Greg Heffley that we all had built up, in reading the Wimpy Kid books over the years, of a lovable, blundering, lonely and innocent little boy is destroyed for ever by this book. It maligns Greg irretrievably.
This book should never have been written.
AND THIS HAS HAPPENED MANY TIMES IN THIS BOOK. SO I HAD TO GIVE IT FOUR STARS.
ANYWAY THIS BOOK WAS PERFECT(EVEN THOUGH IT GETS DRAWN OUT A COUPLE OF TIMES)
WAITING FOR KINNEY TO GET A SERIES OF THIS TOO
Top international reviews
But aside from the fact that most of the content is the same as the £1 World Book Day version, this book honestly troubles me.
Greg's behaviour towards Rowley in the WK books is often harsh, but Rowley tends to stand up to him more. In this book, it's actually bordering on abusive. Greg leaves him injured in the woods, in the dark. He locks him out of the house in the dark. He stops him studying. He bullies him into letting him cheat and gets him in trouble at school. He lies, manipulates, and steals from Rowley on multiple occasions. He makes Rowley feel that he owes him. And yet Rowley continues to call him an awesome friend. The friendship is actually downright unhealthy.
I was hoping that we would see Rowley stand up for himself, as he does several times in the WK books when he often takes himself off to hang out with better friends when Greg is being a jerk. But while he does attempt to stand up for himself a couple of times, it doesn't really work in his favour.
All in all it's an uncomfortable read; a bullying victim that chooses to stick with his bully. I'd rather see movie Rowley, who stands up strong and tells Greg he's not a good friend when he needs calling out. And frankly, I'd be concerned if my daughter read this and thought this was how friendship should be.
can't wait for #14
ps. #13 is my favourite
pps. #1 is my second favourite
ppps. # 2 is my third favourite
I rated the first one 4.5 stars.
but it had good bits best to read first book first