Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild: From the Creator of Captain Underpants (Dog Man #6) Hardcover – 24 December 2018
Save Extra with 4 offers
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
Everyone Digs Dog Man!
* "High-intensity, heartwarming, and, above all, hysterically funny." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Riotously funny and original." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "An utter, unfettered delight." -- Booklist, starred review
* "Readers (of any age) will be giggling from start to finish." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Action-oriented cartoons... Laffs aplenty." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
About the Author
When Dav Pilkey was a kid, he was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. Dav was so disruptive in class that his teachers made him sit out in the hallway every day. Luckily, Dav loved to draw and make up stories. He spent his time in the hallway creating his own original comic books -- the very first adventures of Dog Man and Captain Underpants.
In college, Dav met a teacher who encouraged him to illustrate and write. He won a national competition in 1986 and the prize was the publication of his first book, World War Won. He made many other books before being awarded the 1998 California Young Reader Medal for Dog Breath, which was published in 1994, and in 1997 he won the Caldecott Honor for The Paperboy.
The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby, published in 2002, was the first complete graphic novel spin-off from the Captain Underpants series and appeared at #6 on the USA Today bestseller list for all books, both adult and children's, and was also a New York Times bestseller. It was followed by Super Diaper Baby 2: The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers, also a USA Today bestseller. The unconventional style of these graphic novels is intended to encourage uninhibited creativity in kids.
His stories are semi-autobiographical and explore universal themes that celebrate friendship, tolerance, and the triumph of the good-hearted.
Dav loves to kayak in the Pacific Northwest with his wife.
- Publisher : Scholastic; 1st edition (24 December 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1338236571
- ISBN-13 : 978-1338236576
- Reading age : 8 - 12 years
- Item Weight : 500 g
- Dimensions : 14.61 x 2.54 x 21.59 cm
- Country of Origin : India
- Best Sellers Rank: #48,253 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
- 6 yr old loves it and will read it independently
- some of it is pretty funny
- good quality edition
- doesn’t make my son cry like the Tale of Two Kitties does with that abandonment scene
- we know that kids love jokes about poo etc but there was too much vomiting in this book, even my son thought it was yuk, he skips those pages now.
- as with the other dogman books there are many spelling mistakes, I think they’re supposed to be cute but for a 6 yr old just getting to grips with spelling they are confusing and teach him mistakes (eg he now writes super as supa because dogman does). Not helpful.
- a LOT of jokes and characters are repeated from other books, felt like authors might be running out of inspiration...
The books themselves are laid out as comic strips but don't worry about them being quick reads I've seen the enjoyment continue even after reading the same book multiple times in a short space of time.
I'll be adding this same review to other 'Dogman' purchases as long as the quality continues and is relevant.