Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild: From the Creator of Captain Underpants (Dog Man #6) Kindle Edition
|Length: 222 pages||Language: English||Age Level: 7 - 18|
|Grade Level: 2 - 12|
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
When Dav Pilkey was a kid, he was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. Dav was so disruptive in class that his teachers made him sit out in the hallway every day. Luckily, Dav loved to draw and make up stories. He spent his time in the hallway creating his own original comic books -- the very first adventures of Dog Man and Captain Underpants.
In college, Dav met a teacher who encouraged him to illustrate and write. He won a national competition in 1986 and the prize was the publication of his first book, World War Won. He made many other books before being awarded the 1998 California Young Reader Medal for Dog Breath, which was published in 1994, and in 1997 he won the Caldecott Honor for The Paperboy.
The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby, published in 2002, was the first complete graphic novel spin-off from the Captain Underpants series and appeared at #6 on the USA Today bestseller list for all books, both adult and children's, and was also a New York Times bestseller. It was followed by The Adventures of Ook and Gluk: Kung Fu Cavemen from the Future and Super Diaper Baby 2: The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers, both USA Today bestsellers. The unconventional style of these graphic novels is intended to encourage uninhibited creativity in kids.
His stories are semi-autobiographical and explore universal themes that celebrate friendship, tolerance, and the triumph of the good-hearted. Dav loves to kayak in the Pacific Northwest with his wife.--This text refers to the hardcover edition.
- File Size : 96888 KB
- Print Length : 222 pages
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Publisher : Graphix (24 December 2018)
- Enhanced Typesetting : Not Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B07CN8KLWL
- Best Sellers Rank: #6,862 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
- 6 yr old loves it and will read it independently
- some of it is pretty funny
- good quality edition
- doesn’t make my son cry like the Tale of Two Kitties does with that abandonment scene
- we know that kids love jokes about poo etc but there was too much vomiting in this book, even my son thought it was yuk, he skips those pages now.
- as with the other dogman books there are many spelling mistakes, I think they’re supposed to be cute but for a 6 yr old just getting to grips with spelling they are confusing and teach him mistakes (eg he now writes super as supa because dogman does). Not helpful.
- a LOT of jokes and characters are repeated from other books, felt like authors might be running out of inspiration...
The books themselves are laid out as comic strips but don't worry about them being quick reads I've seen the enjoyment continue even after reading the same book multiple times in a short space of time.
I'll be adding this same review to other 'Dogman' purchases as long as the quality continues and is relevant.