Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
The Doll in the Hall and Other Scary Stories: An Acorn Book (Mister Shivers #3) (Library Edition) Hardcover – Import, 5 January 2021
Save Extra with 3 offers
Enhance your purchase
Praise for Beneath the Bed and Other Scary Stories (Mister Shivers #1):
Selected by the New York Public Library as one of 2019's Best Books for Kids!
* "Brallier's (The Last Kids on Earth and the Cosmic Beyond, 2018, etc.) strong horror chops translate well into this Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark-lite package for early chapter-book readers. Rubegni mixes high-contrast spot and full-page illustrations, positioning sharply outlined characters against smudgy charcoal backgrounds... Simplified spooks for the we-want-it-just-scary-enough crowd." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Praise for Shadow in the Woods and Other Scary Stories (Mister Shivers #2):
Selected by the Chicago Public Library as one of 2020's Best Books for Kids!
“Brallier effectively repeats the screamworthy formula established in Beneath the Bed and Other Scary Stories (2019) to add a sense of familiarity to the foreboding. Rubegni’s full-color cartoon illustrations depict racially diverse schoolchildren… The abrupt, disquieting endings mix the creepy and weird with the genuinely terrifying, creating a nice balance as readers jump bravely between stories… Easy to read but definitely not easy to forget.” -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for The Locker Ate Lucy! (Eerie Elementary #2):
"A good fit for readers not quite ready for... Goosebumps." -- Booklist
Praise for The School Is Alive! (Eerie Elementary #1):
"The plot and twisted storyline will serve the beginning chapter book reader well. Word choice, action, and crisp sketches support the story, allowing early readers to develop ideas and easily follow the plot." -- Library Media Connection
"Give this early chapter book to readers who want something scary but aren't ready for the 'Goosebumps' or 'Scream Street' series." -- School Library Journal
Praise for The Last Kids on Earth:
A New York Times bestseller
* "Terrifyingly fun! Max Brallier's The Last Kids on Earth delivers big thrills and even bigger laughs." -- Jeff Kinney, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Diary of a Wimpy Kid
* "Middle-grade readers, particularly boys, will find Jack's pitch-perfect mix of humor, bravado, and self-professed geekiness impossible to resist... The marriage of text and illustration serves as a perfect example of what an illustrated novel can and should be." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Terrifically funny... Snarky end-of-the-world fun." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "This book provides loads of laughs... A gross-out good time with surprisingly nuanced character development." -- School Library Journal, starred review
About the Author
Letizia Rubegni is a children's book illustrator who aims to create a well-balanced mixture of darkness, grotesque, and humor in her artwork. From a very early age, she fell in love with storytelling through pictures. After graduating in Scenography from the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence, Letizia gained further qualifications as a television cartoonist and graphic designer. Letizia lives in Tuscany, Italy.
- Publisher : Scholastic Inc.; Library edition (5 January 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 64 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1338615459
- ISBN-13 : 978-1338615456
- Reading age : 5 - 7 years
- Item Weight : 204 g
- Dimensions : 14.22 x 1.27 x 18.29 cm
- Country of Origin : USA
- Customer Reviews: