Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Draw With Jazza - Creating Characters: Fun and Easy Guide to Drawing Cartoons and Comics Kindle Edition
Draw With Jazza YouTube star Josiah Brooks breaks down an easy-to-follow method that will help you to invent and draw original characters time and time again. Whether sci-fi or steampunk, comic book heroines or tattooed action heroes, animal familiars or alien races, you will discover the limitless possibilities of creating your very own characters for comic books, cartoons, video games and more!
No matter what your skill level, you can draw from concept to finished art with confidence. Jazza shows you how as he walks you through The Design Process!
• Discover. Learn techniques just like the pros use for developing characters--their backstory, personality and physicality; decide your drawing style; and explore and organize your inspiration.
• Design. Use brainstorm sketching to refine your character's persona. Use simplified lines and shapes to draw men and women, practice poses and play with body shapes, sizes, ages and outfits.
• Develop. Refine your best ideas by choosing features, color schemes, settings and context to reflect your end goal.
• Deliver. Finish your concept art with character turnarounds, expression sheets, pose variations and more to create a complete picture of your characters and their world.
About the Author
- ASIN : B01NBRHIBM
- Publisher : IMPACT Books (11 October 2016)
- Language : English
- File size : 40190 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 293 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #58,895 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
It won't necessarily make you a better at drawing (there *is* the, seemingly obligatory, section on head and anatomy construction wehich nearly all drawing books include) but it does share everything on the character design process used by Jazza.
Even if you're an avid follower of Jazza you'll get something extra from this book : whether it's additional information, or having all that information in one place or even it being in book format (personally I still prefer books to online). Actually, if you're an avid follower of Jazza you might just get this regardless as you'll know it'll be quality.
Highly recommended, and check out the Archive tutorials on youtube.
And I found his tutorials and videos very useful.
So I deceided to pick up his book.
I'm not great at drawing, but compared to my friends I'm actually decent.
What I struggle with the most is proportions of characters, this book really helps you step by step to create characters, and showing you how to strutucre the basic face outline to make a good looking face for the character.
It’s an in-depth book that he probably will get lost following at this age but it is cream packed full of drawing ideas to copy and I know he will absolutely love it.
Well written and illustrated as expected but probs not suitable for kids but sons age and younger.
Being a doodler myself I’d enjoy this book.