Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 37.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 75.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 35.00 Delivery charge
Embroideries Paperback – 4 September 2008
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (3): 10% Instant discount with AU Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 10% Cashback on ICICI Bank American Express Credit Card EMI Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on HSBC Credit Card EMI transactions Here's how
- Cashback (3): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid only for select customers on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Satrapi's drawings are sparing and highly stylised; she is able to render nuances of expression with simple, bold strokes... The stories are wittily told and show a side of life in Iran that is unknown to outsiders -- Lydia Adetunji, Financial Times
A daring and brilliantly calculated illumination of a secret space... Though Embroideries is not a continuation of the Persepolis story, it sits at the heart of the same world - a brutally policed society where an extraordinarily rich and inventive culture still prevails, if only behind closed doors, where women are wildly subversive, funny, free-thinking and sexy -- Maureen Freely, Guardian
This is Sex and the City, Middle-Eastern style - outrageous, explicit and funny -- Kelly Knox, Time Out
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 148 g
- Paperback : 144 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0224087407
- ISBN-10 : 0224087401
- Dimensions : 14 x 1.1 x 19 cm
- Publisher : RHUK (4 September 2008)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #68,826 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The sketch work is similar to Persepolis, which I really liked.
Marjane and ladies in her family and neighborhood meet up for tea and gossips to discuss their love and sex lives. Iran is an extremely conservative Islamic country and like every conservative country, it is partial to one sex. The “law” or the male dominant society forbids them to have a modern outlook or live life on their terms. But these ladies are so vibrant, cheeky and rebellious, but only behind closed doors. The stories these ladies share, the situations they have been in, the kind of social obligations they have to fulfil to be desirable are so thought provoking.
I can imagine a lot of girls living in big cities of India having these kind of conversations with their girlfriends. May be the severity of the situations aint the same, but still it’s the unspoken truth of the modern society.
Top reviews from other countries
I read this book in one hour, and in this hour both laughed and cried. I have bought several copies to give as gifts.
As other reviewers have mentioned Persepolis, I would highlight this is not a sequel and should not be read as such. It is a stand alone work and should be considered as such.