- Reading level: 8 - 12 years
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Egmont Books Ltd; 2nd edition edition (14 June 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405272198
- ISBN-13: 978-1405272193
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.5 x 19.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 102 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,476 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Enchanted Wood: The Magic Faraway Tree Paperback – 14 Jun 2004
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): Get 5% up to Rs. 1000 Instant Discount on Axis Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
ENID BLYTON is arguably the most famous children's author of all time, thanks to series such as The Magic Faraway Tree, The Wishing-Chair series, The Mysteries, Famous Five and The Secret Seven. Her fantasy books, particularly The Magic Faraway Tree are among her most popular creations and they promise to enchant boys and girls for generations to come. Enid Blyton takes her place alongside Roald Dahl, Beatrix Potter, and A. A. Milne as one of Britain's true heritage children's authors. She remains one of the world's best-loved storytellers and is consistently voted a children's favourite in reader polls.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
102 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The child knew, even at that young age, that behind these tiny figures and shapes were secrets that were waiting to be unlocked and these things called books were precious because the parents were so careful with them.
A few years later, the child realised that these shapes were called letters and adding these letters gave words and adding these words gave sentences. When the child could finally unlock sentences that were long enough, the child got hold of three books that talked about a forest with trees that talked and clouds that held strange lands. The child was in love with these books and the stories they held and the memories they created.
Even now, the child still has the books, and recommends these books to parents of 6 to 8 year olds that who want to get their children hooked to reading. Except the child is now well into the 30s. But then, age is just a number. Once you open the pages of these books, no matter what number your age is, you travel back in time when you ran around trees, and felt grass between your toes and the enjoyed the anticipation of summer vacations and homemade sherbets.
The quality of the paper wasn't good at all. And the binding was just the worst. The pages were falling apart within the first week. Even though my son was extra careful with the books (he has 150+ books, and this is the first one that didn't hold up) after a month more than 20 pages were out. I have to buy another version now to keep it in my library.
In my view, this book is useful for parents and children — my strong recommendation. Happy reading.
And this special deluxe hard cover edition by Egmont which has color illustrations makes the book very special to kids and is a good collectible item. My son finished it in just 2 days !
Recommend age : 8+
Not recommended for read aloud, let the kids devour it !
This review is for Deluxe Edition by Egomont (ISBN 978-1405276658 ).