Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day (Everyday Food (Clarkson Potter)) Paperback – 23 February 2010
About the Author
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Farfalle with Arugula and White Beans
Serves 4 - prep time: 10 minutes - total time: 25 minutes
Quickly wilted arugula, canned beans, and toasted walnuts add heft to this vegetarian main course. Try spinach in place of arugula and pine nuts instead of walnuts.
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
12 ounces farfalle
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 pound baby arugula
1 can (15 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted for garnish
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous amount of salt. Cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
2. Add 1 tablespoon butter and the garlic to the pot; cook over medium heat, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add arugula; toss just until wilted.
3. Add beans, pasta, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper. Heat, tossing, until butter is melted and beans and pasta are warmed through, about 1 minute. Add enough reserved pasta water to create a thin sauce to coat pasta.
4 To serve, divide among shallow bowls, and garnish with walnuts.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- ASIN : 0307405109
- Publisher : Clarkson Potter; Everyday Food edition (23 February 2010)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780307405104
- ISBN-13 : 978-0307405104
- Item Weight : 1 kg 40 g
- Dimensions : 18.64 x 2.54 x 23.27 cm
- Customer Reviews: