Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Illustrated Edition Hardcover – 7 November 2017
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Buy 3, Get 8% extra off; Buy 4 or more, Get 10% extra off from this list Offered by Cloudtail India Here's how
- Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
From the Publisher
The Ghoul, though ugly, is not a particularly dangerous creature. It resembles a somewhat slimy, buck-toothed ogre and generally resides in attics or barns belonging to wizards, where it eats spiders and moths.
The Golden Snidget is an extremely rare, protected species of birds. Completely round, with a very long, thin beak and glistening, jewel-like red eyes, the Golden Snidget is an extremely fast flier that can change direction with uncanny speed and skill, owing to the rotational joints of its wings.
The Unicorn is a beautiful beast found throughout the forests of northern Europe. It is a pure white, horned horse when fully grown, though the foals are initially golden and turn silver before achieving maturity.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 1 kg 280 g
- Hardcover : 160 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1408885263
- ISBN-13 : 978-1408885260
- Product Dimensions : 29.8 x 2.4 x 25.9 cm
- Publisher : Bloomsbury Children's Books (7 November 2017)
- Reading level : 10 and up
- Language: : English
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Great illustrations. Quality is top notch.
Fast on time delivery. The only let down was fake promotional stickers. Which kind of ruins the look of the book.
Amazon's packaging could have been a tiny bit better as there was no protective wrapping around the book, but still it was delivered on time and in good condition.
Top reviews from other countries
The only concern I do have for this book is on the printing side. The gold lettering on the cover is fading and, on my copy, the title and illustrator name has totally faded. But, all in all, the book deserves five stars.
The illustrated edition of this novel was great fun to interact with; each page consists of parchment print and large scale drawings of beloved creatures and each creature has a small write-up by Rowling's pseudonym and everyone's favourite Hufflepuff, Newt Scamander.
I struggled a little with the illustrations. There are a number of fantastic, large illustrations throughout (sometimes taking up multiple extending pages) and the illustrator has clearly taken all of Rowling's descriptions into great consideration because the facts and drawings are a perfect match in most cases. The issue I have is that some of them appear ill-defined and, especially when compared to the illustrated editions of the Harry Potter series, lacking detail incredibly; the dragons are especially disappointing (the horntail, for instance, which is a pivotal figure in the novels has hardly any clean edges or detailing at all). I was also surprised to find that the Obscurus hadn't been added in; this was a creature I was really looking forward to learning more about.
This remains to be a really nice catalogue of magical creatures and was enjoyable to read through but I think it really would have benefited from a consistent illustrator across the entire series because the noticeable change in detail meant the novel just wasn't as visually impressive as its counterparts.
For those collecting the Harry Potter illustrated novels, this one is a different size. It is slightly bigger then the rest. Hopefully when they release Tales of Beedle the Bard and Quidditch through the ages they’ll keep the same size.
This is a must have for any Harry Potter Fan, young or old.