Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ ₹ 85.00 Delivery charge
My Favourite Nature Stories Paperback – 3 June 2016
10% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- Cashback: 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Partner Offers (3): Buy 3, Get 8% extra off; Buy 4 or more, Get 10% extra off from this list Offered by Cloudtail India Here's how
- Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
About the Author
From the Publisher
In Conversation with Ruskin Bond
I have been writing stories, sketches, poems and novels for over 65 years, and the greatest pleasure has come from writing about the natural world in my vicinity—wherever I may have been living.
When I came to live in Mussoorie just over fifty years ago, I lived in Maplewood Lodge, a cottage below Wynberg-Allen School. Its windows opened on to a well-forested hillside. So naturally I wrote about the trees, wild flowers and birds and other creatures who lived among them. Then circumstances forced me to move higher up the mountain, and for the last thirty-five years I have lived on the top floor of Ivy Cottage, in Landour Cantonment
re windows too, and they open on to sky, clouds, the Doon valley, and range upon range of mountains. And from this perch on the hillside I feel that I am part of the greater world, mother India as well as the natural world of planet Earth.
Humankind took over the earth from the dinosaurs, who perished due to natural upheavals and dramatic climate changes. We could go the same way, as we have proved to be bad tenants with little or no regard for the natural world that we have inherited.
But I do not despair. Dawn gives way to daybreak and daybreak to sunrise. And when the sun bursts through my windows and streams across my little room, I look forward to another great day on the planet Earth. We must cherish each day as though it is our last.
Some of these pieces have appeared before in magazines or newspapers. A few are recent. Several have not been published between book covers.
I dedicate this book to all who cherish the green world of India, its forests, fields, streams and sacred rivers. Nature sustains us. Let us not do away with our natural inheritance.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 150 g
- Paperback : 120 pages
- ISBN-10 : 8129137682
- ISBN-13 : 978-8129137685
- Product Dimensions : 12.9 x 0.86 x 19.81 cm
- Publisher : Rupa Publicatioins India (3 June 2016)
- Reading level : 7 - 16 years
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #24,959 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
🍃 Almost always, it’s the unexpected that thrills us.
⛅ It may only be a shaft of sunlight, slanting through the pillars of banyan 🌳 tree;
🕸️ or dewdrops caught in a spider’s web; or
🏞️ in the stillness of the mountains, the sudden chattter of a mountain stream as you round the bend of a hill;
🌊 or an emperor’s first glimpse of a winding river and the world beyond...
Delight cannot be planned for—she makes no appointments!
An ExCeRpT 👆
MY FAVOURITE NATURE STORIES by Ruskin Bond.
120 pages, 21 chapters, published in June 2016 by Rupa Publications.
This beautiful book is available for INR 175/- paperback; INR 295/- Hardcover @amazon.in
INR 130.15/- @amazonkindle
A must read for someone who loves, appreciates and acknowledges nAtUrE..& finds serenity and tranquility in it.
Sir Ruskin Bond writes about the natural world in his vicinity..
the trees, wildflowers, birds, other creatures..
He cherishes the green world of India, it's forests, fields, streams...
Alongwith his prose on love for nature, he weaves his words bEaUtiFuLly reminincing on his memories associated respectively..
The CRUX of this read:
Nature sustains us & we need to appreciate it and live in tandem with it.
Humans/ homo sapiens need to understand, we cannot survive as a monologue but a... dialogue.
🍁 Anyone who is fond of creativity, loves nature, enjoys NoStALgic reads will surely devour it.
A mini-personal-encyclopedia of Sir Ruskin Bond..
It made me reinterpret the importance of those childhood experiences of mine which felt mundane yet were imprinted into my mind, snippets of time that I reimagined and relived whenever life got too hard to handle.
"And you, dear reader, will have similar impressions to carry with you all your days.. Someone who gave you a flower, a kiss on the forehead. To the end of your days you will carry that kiss with you. And it may protect you from all harm."
The part that touched me post is the dead treas and the ending chapter. The way he explains some things made me nostalgic. This feeling is great.
Amazon truly delivered A to Z with great care.
It always stands true in delivering quality of service with quality products
I recommend all interested people to go for JBL without any hesitation