Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ ₹ 90.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 98.00 Delivery charge
My Favourite Nature Stories Paperback – 3 June 2016
10% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (2): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (3): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
About the Author
From the Publisher
In Conversation with Ruskin Bond
I have been writing stories, sketches, poems and novels for over 65 years, and the greatest pleasure has come from writing about the natural world in my vicinity—wherever I may have been living.
When I came to live in Mussoorie just over fifty years ago, I lived in Maplewood Lodge, a cottage below Wynberg-Allen School. Its windows opened on to a well-forested hillside. So naturally I wrote about the trees, wild flowers and birds and other creatures who lived among them. Then circumstances forced me to move higher up the mountain, and for the last thirty-five years I have lived on the top floor of Ivy Cottage, in Landour Cantonment
re windows too, and they open on to sky, clouds, the Doon valley, and range upon range of mountains. And from this perch on the hillside I feel that I am part of the greater world, mother India as well as the natural world of planet Earth.
Humankind took over the earth from the dinosaurs, who perished due to natural upheavals and dramatic climate changes. We could go the same way, as we have proved to be bad tenants with little or no regard for the natural world that we have inherited.
But I do not despair. Dawn gives way to daybreak and daybreak to sunrise. And when the sun bursts through my windows and streams across my little room, I look forward to another great day on the planet Earth. We must cherish each day as though it is our last.
Some of these pieces have appeared before in magazines or newspapers. A few are recent. Several have not been published between book covers.
I dedicate this book to all who cherish the green world of India, its forests, fields, streams and sacred rivers. Nature sustains us. Let us not do away with our natural inheritance.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 150 g
- Paperback : 120 pages
- ISBN-10 : 8129137682
- ISBN-13 : 978-8129137685
- Product Dimensions : 12.9 x 0.86 x 19.81 cm
- Publisher : Rupa Publicatioins India (3 June 2016)
- Reading level : 7 - 16 years
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #9,005 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: