My Favourite Nature Stories Hardcover – 3 June 2016
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer: Save 10% up to Rs.12,000 with HDFC Bank Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- Cashback: 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 327 g
- Hardcover : 120 pages
- ISBN-10 : 8129141736
- ISBN-13 : 978-8129141736
- Product Dimensions : 13.97 x 1.27 x 21.59 cm
- Publisher : Rupa Publicatioins India (3 June 2016)
- Language: : English
- Reading level : 7 - 16 years
- Best Sellers Rank: #192,741 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
🍃 Almost always, it’s the unexpected that thrills us.
⛅ It may only be a shaft of sunlight, slanting through the pillars of banyan 🌳 tree;
🕸️ or dewdrops caught in a spider’s web; or
🏞️ in the stillness of the mountains, the sudden chattter of a mountain stream as you round the bend of a hill;
🌊 or an emperor’s first glimpse of a winding river and the world beyond...
Delight cannot be planned for—she makes no appointments!
An ExCeRpT 👆
MY FAVOURITE NATURE STORIES by Ruskin Bond.
120 pages, 21 chapters, published in June 2016 by Rupa Publications.
This beautiful book is available for INR 175/- paperback; INR 295/- Hardcover @amazon.in
INR 130.15/- @amazonkindle
A must read for someone who loves, appreciates and acknowledges nAtUrE..& finds serenity and tranquility in it.
Sir Ruskin Bond writes about the natural world in his vicinity..
the trees, wildflowers, birds, other creatures..
He cherishes the green world of India, it's forests, fields, streams...
Alongwith his prose on love for nature, he weaves his words bEaUtiFuLly reminincing on his memories associated respectively..
The CRUX of this read:
Nature sustains us & we need to appreciate it and live in tandem with it.
Humans/ homo sapiens need to understand, we cannot survive as a monologue but a... dialogue.
🍁 Anyone who is fond of creativity, loves nature, enjoys NoStALgic reads will surely devour it.
A mini-personal-encyclopedia of Sir Ruskin Bond..
It made me reinterpret the importance of those childhood experiences of mine which felt mundane yet were imprinted into my mind, snippets of time that I reimagined and relived whenever life got too hard to handle.
"And you, dear reader, will have similar impressions to carry with you all your days.. Someone who gave you a flower, a kiss on the forehead. To the end of your days you will carry that kiss with you. And it may protect you from all harm."
The part that touched me post is the dead treas and the ending chapter. The way he explains some things made me nostalgic. This feeling is great.
Amazon truly delivered A to Z with great care.
It always stands true in delivering quality of service with quality products
I recommend all interested people to go for JBL without any hesitation