A PREVIEW TO PURCHASE:
I had always been inclined to shoes for kids in comparison to sandals and slippers especially for outdoor fun activities, as they offer an overall complete dust & scratch protection to their little feet.
Furthermore, slip-on shoes are an additional advantage as they are easy to put-on & off, by kids who are still amateur in tying up laces for themselves .Shoes with velcro straps closely follow my preference list.
Thus, I needed a shoe for my 7 year old kid which required to be a decent yet good value for money product with a reasonable cost as with growing kids shoes and costumes never match-up between two consecutive seasons.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
Came across product online and from the initial looks & construction of it along with the good reputation of liberty foot fun series, I made the purchase.
My evaluation & opinion of the product can be summed up as under.
1. The product is definitely modelled along the lines of little kids fancies with emphasis to put upfront bright color combinations to instantly attract their attention.
2. Our product in review too, bears an upfront bright combination of florescent green and black color & looks brilliant in appearance. Having non-white soles aids to cover up for the soiling of the same in mud and dirt and doesn’t look that odd.
3. The construction of the shoe is extremely good too with hard & durable yet very light outer sole synthetic material.
The shoe also offers good toe protection as the tip of it has a hard shell on the top.
The outer cloth-based construction material & insole is very comfortable and having decent cushion overall. The fabric of the shoe is not exactly water proof but can surely resist minor water wets.
The stitching finish is also very good & seems to be perfect enough to last a lifetime.
The back collar & tongue of the shoe bears a printed logo of Lucy & Luke which adds to the style further.
4. The shoe is a straight-forward, slip-on type without the need of a Velcro strap or any laces to snug fit the feet.
The overall construction of the shoe is very light weight & rugged enough to offer a decent dust & abrasion protection. The thickness & quality of the outer sole ensures no sharp object can easily penetrate to cause an injury.
5. The design of the sole bottom offers a decent firm grip while running however being smooth synthetic ,might cause to slip while running on wet surfaces.
6. The insole too is padded so that the feet don’t hurt upon continuous use & has a clear printing of the model, size & MRP.
7. The Tag over the containment box had all the standard elements in it with a clear mention of the manufacturing date, UK & EUR size no., size in cms & contact id for any query.
8. My kid generally uses size 13 yet I ordered a size 1 ( just larger to size 13 ) shoe which was exactly as mentioned in the size chart and fit my kid with slight margin of few mm for future accommodation upon feet increase.
This was suggested by a fellow amazon reviewer to buy a size larger as the cushion inside takes up the space and it was quite true.
However, my kid felt the shoe tight at the middle portion above the fingers as if it was holding the portion too tight.
So , in spite of great looks and construction ,I had to return it .
9. I purchased the product at 499 bucks exactly as the MRP over the price tag but yet for the given price-tag the value offered by the product is worth appreciating.
10. The shoe is very light in weight, easy to put-on, good-looking with reasonable cost & decent built. The finish & stitching too is quite good.
FINAL VERDICT :
All in all, in my opinion, For simple outdoor fun for kids in a park or other than rocky terrains , the product in review is an excellent choice at the given price, as its very light, rugged & yet comfortable for use by kids.
However if you kid has a higher construction of feet in the middle tendon portion of feet ,then you may find it a bit tight at the area.
- ASIN: B01HDB134U
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 21 June 2016
- Average Customer Review: 187 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #776 in Shoes & Handbags (See Top 100 in Shoes & Handbags)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?