Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene (Divergent Series-Collector's Edition) Kindle Edition
- ASIN : B008B11K04
- Publisher : Katherine Tegen Books (7 August 2012)
- Language : English
- File size : 3837 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 16 pages
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
So it has to be recognised that Veronica Roth writes really well, and this is no exception. I won't lie, I did wonder if I'd like Four's voice as a narrator as much as I did Tris, but I did - perhaps more so! Four tells us his point of view during a poignant scene from Divergent - the knife throwing scene. Of all the chapters she could have chosen, I am so glad she picked this one. I remember reading this chapter in Divergent, thinking 'Why is Four doing this?', and now I know!
Fans of Divergent will enjoy this little extract, but just keep in mind that it is short; even for a novella. Many readers have commented on it's length so just to give you an idea of quite how short it is; my kindle said 27 percent read when the extract finished and the remaining 73 percent was the first chapter of Divergent (which is especially stupid given you'd have to have read Divergent to really understand what's going on in this novella!). A really good, interesting read nevertheless. It's also pretty funny!
This short story manages to give new depth and insight into Four's character. He comes across as a less passive character than he does from the first book.
But be warned: the actual story is only 6 pages long - the rest is made up of excerpts from other books.
Reading Four's POV of the knife throwing scene was fun, but it makes me want more. I'd love to read his POV over most of the first book.
I know there are other books out there from his POV, and I can't wait to get them in my hands and read them. I think they'll truly round off the series for me.
The fact that Roth can write a 13 page scene already writte, just from another POV proves how well she knows her characters.
I am so cross with myself for waiting to read these books, but I'm also glad I read them after the major hype had died down.
The part about the knife-throwing scene is only about 17 pages long. The rest of this 'book' is the first few chapters of Divergent. Even to call this a 'marketing ploy' to get people into the series makes no sense to me- if you haven't read Divergent, then why would you want to read one scene out of context from a book you hadn't read? Only those who have read the book Divergent would be interested in the scene from Four's perspective, so why then give them the first few chapters of Divergent again? To pad it out..
I know it's only 49p now, but even so, I can get a whole (decent) book for free. Really poor show- this is the kind of thing that should be given for free to loyal fans of the series to let them know how much they're valued. Instead it turns them away leaving them feeling a bit ripped-off.