- Reading level: 10.00+ years
- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Puffin (1 October 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0141326263
- ISBN-13: 978-0141326269
- Product Dimensions: 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1 cm
- Customer Reviews: 977 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,57,879 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 80.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 99.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 99.00 Delivery charge
George's Marvellous Medicine Paperback – 1 October 2008
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (3): Prime Savings : 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 650 on minimum oder of Rs. 5,000 with HDFC Bank Debit Card (Non-EMI) transactions. Here's how
- Prime Savings : 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with HDFC Bank Credit Card and Credit/Debit EMI transactions. Here's how
- Prime Savings : Flat 5% Reward Points + 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000) Here's how
- No Cost EMI (2): No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback: Get daily rewards up to ₹100 on shopping with Amazon Pay UPI.Check your eligibility here Here's how
- Partner Offers (3): Get flat Rs 100 back on Amazon Pay Later sign up. Buy now & pay later. Register Now Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The magic created in these books takes the reader to another world altogether.
He sure knows how to handle her & teach her the feeling of growing up.Granny is wicked George is clever!
Top international reviews
"He wasn’t going to fool about wondering whether to put in a little bit of this or a little bit of that. Quite simply, he was going to put in EVERYTHING he could find. There would be no messing about, no hesitating, no wondering whether a particular thing would knock the old girl sideways or not. The rule would be this: whatever he saw, if it was runny or powdery or gooey, in it went. Nobody had ever made a medicine like that before."
For an adult, the thrill isn't quite there, but I read the whole thing on one train journey and it was as good a way as any of forgetting where I was till my station showed up. Childish delight throughout - delight in words, and language, and absurd situations. Worth a look.
PS - to those wondering whether this is appropriate for children, it's exactly the same as a Looney Tunes cartoon for me. Outrageous slapstick that'll get them laughing.
My 5 year old giggled with delight as the narrator egged George on as he adds more and more wacky things to his grandma's new medicine ("Horseradish?" Excellent! "Curry powder?" Brilliant!). I have now listened to it 3 times and can report that I am quite happy to do so several times more. The same can't be said for other audiobooks we have ...
At an hour long, it probably covers most car journeys you are likely to do. My only warning would be that the Grandma really is quite a scarey character, so might not be suitable for very young children or right before bedtime. She shouts quite a range of nasty things ("You horrible little worm!") and George thinks very nasty things back ("Miserable old cow!"). My 5 year old has yet to shout any of these things himself, but I am sure he will once he knows the story backwards. Still, I supose there are worse things he could be saying!!
Your next step from this would be James and the Giant Peach. The same company of actors does a version, also avaliable on Amazon. It's the same little boy as the lead part. Makes perfect sense to my kids.
I loved the health warning at the beginning of the book asking children not to try and concoct this medicine at home. One can clearly see why! :)
Another lovely book by Roald Dahl
Great fun,humorous and brilliant. Sit back and relax!