- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: RHUK (30 April 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780099302780
- ASIN: 0099302780
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 3.1 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 75 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,525 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Guns, Germs And Steel Paperback – 30 Apr 1998
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum purchase of Rs. 5,000 with SBI Credit cards and Credit Card EMIs Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"The most absorbing account on offer of the emergence of a world divided between have and have-nots... Never before put together so coherently, with such a combination of expertise, charm and compassion" (The Times)
"A book of remarkable scope... One of the most important and readable works on the human past" (Nature)
"A prodigious, convincing work, conceived on a grand scale" (Observer)
"This is the book that turned me from a historian of medieval warfare into a student of humankind" (Yuval Noah Harari Week)
"Fascinating, coherent, compassionate and completely accessible" (Sunday Telegraph)
About the Author
Jared Diamond is the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Guns, Germs, and Steel, which was named one of TIME’s best non-fiction books of all time, the number one international bestseller Collapse and most recently The World UntilYesterday. A professor of geography at UCLA and noted polymath, Diamond’s work has been influential in the fields of anthropology, biology, ornithology, ecology and history, among others.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
75 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Hence, it is path breaking, inspiring, there is a lot of detail (and yes, of course, some speculation) and will be a great experience for someone ready to invest his/her time to understand human societies.
P.S. There is a documentary, based on this book, by National Geographic, which is quite gripping.
A lot of information has been repeated quite a few times in order for them to "stick" in reader's mind. After reading it one would be able to see the author's inferences and worldview quite clearly. This book is the answer to humanity's so many questions.
I was a bit disappointed by the print version and then got kindle version as the font in print is painfully small and was diluting the whole experience of reading this legend.