Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Hamster Princess: Harriet the Invincible: 1 Paperback – Illustrated, 2 May 2017
Save Extra with 3 offers
10 Days Replacement OnlyThis item is eligible for free replacement, within 10 days of delivery, in an unlikely event of damaged, defective or different item delivered to you. Please keep the item in its original condition, with outer box or case, accessories, CDs, user manual, warranty cards, scratch cards, and other accompaniments in manufacturer packaging for a successful return pick-up. We may contact you to ascertain the damage or defect in the product prior to issuing replacement.
Enhance your purchase
Harriet Hamsterbone is not your typical princess. She may be quite stunning in the rodent realm (you'll have to trust her on this one), but she is not so great at trailing around the palace looking ethereal or sighing a lot. She finds the royal life rather . . . dull. One day, though, Harriet's parents tell her of the curse that a rat placed on her at birth, dooming her to prick her finger on a hamster wheel when she's twelve and fall into a deep sleep. For Harriet, this is most wonderful news: It means she's invincible until she's twelve! After all, no good curse goes to waste. And so begins a grand life of adventure with her trusty riding quail, Mumfrey...until her twelfth birthday arrives and the curse manifests in a most unexpected way.
Perfect for fans of Babymouse and Chris Colfer's Land of Stories, this laugh-out-loud new comic hybrid series will turn everything you thought you knew about princesses on its head.
Frequently bought together
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2015
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2015
A New York Public Library Best Book for Reading and Sharing of 2015
A Chicago Public Library Best Book of 2015
An ALA Notable Children's Book of 2016
"[A] charming, funny, subversive middle-grade illustrated fantasy." — Cory Doctorow, New York Times bestselling author, activist, and co-editor of Boing Boing
* "A joy to read, and we can only hope that Harriet – long may she reign – will return in later installments.” —Booklist, starred review
* "Move over, Babymouse, there’s a new rodent in town!...Vernon has created a spunky heroine readers will cheer for and who will leave them eagerly searching for the happily ever after in the next installment." —School Library Journal, starred review
* "Harriet is her own hamster, but she takes her place proudly alongside both Danny Dragonbreath and Babymouse. Creatively fresh and feminist, with laughs on every single page." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "A book with all the makings of a hit. Readers will be laughing themselves silly." —Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Middle-graders with a taste for absurdity and snark will find plenty of both here...Fans of Holm’s Babymouse (Babymouse: Queen of the World, BCCB 12/05) series or Vernon’s Dragonbreath (BCCB 9/09) series will definitely want to tag along on Harriet’s future adventures." —BCCB
About the Author
- Publisher : Puffin Books; Reprint edition (2 May 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0142427012
- ISBN-13 : 978-0142427019
- Reading age : 8 - 12 years
- Item Weight : 397 g
- Dimensions : 14.12 x 2.03 x 17.93 cm
- Country of Origin : India
- Best Sellers Rank: #277,596 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: