Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Hamster Princess: Of Mice and Magic: 2 Hardcover – 15 March 2016
Preloaded Digital Audio Player, Unabridged, Import
Save Extra with 3 offers
10 Days Replacement OnlyThis item is eligible for free replacement, within 10 days of delivery, in an unlikely event of damaged, defective or different item delivered to you. Please keep the item in its original condition, with outer box or case, accessories, CDs, user manual, warranty cards, scratch cards, and other accompaniments in manufacturer packaging for a successful return pick-up. We may contact you to ascertain the damage or defect in the product prior to issuing replacement.
Enhance your purchase
Princess Harriet has absolutely no interest in brushing her hair, singing duets with woodland animals, or any other typical princess activities. So when a fairy tells a very bored Harriet about twelve mice princesses who are cursed to dance all night long, she happily accepts the quest and sets off with a poncho of invisibility and her trusty battle quail. But when she arrives at the Mouse Kingdom, she discovers there's more to the curse than meets the eye, and trying to help is dangerous business . . . even for a tough princess like Harriet.
From the creator of Dragonbreath, comes a laugh-out-loud funny new comic-hybrid series, bursting with girl power and furry fairy tale retellings.
Frequently bought together
* "Maintaining a keen balance between silly and sly, this sequel will have readers snickering." —Kirkus Reviews,starred review
* "A quick and satisfying read that is as hilarious as it is fun. Make room on the shelves for this not so frilly princess." —School Library Journal, starred review
"Spunky Harriet is just as wonderful as she was in her debut...Fans of twisted feminist fairy tales will be delighted, and Harriet’s existing followers won’t be disappointed with this second installment. Bring on book three!"—Booklist
Praise for Hamster Princess: Harriet The Invincible:
A 2015 Texas Bluebonnet nominee
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2015
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2015
A Chicago Public Library Best Book of 2015
An ALA Notable Children's Book of 2016
* "A joy to read, and we can only hope that Harriet – long may she reign – will return in later installments.” —Booklist, starred review
* "Move over, Babymouse, there’s a new rodent in town!...Vernon has created a spunky heroine readers will cheer for and who will leave them eagerly searching for the happily ever after in the next installment." —School Library Journal, starred review
* "Harriet is her own hamster, but she takes her place proudly alongside both Danny Dragonbreath and Babymouse. Creatively fresh and feminist, with laughs on every single page." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "A book with all the makings of a hit. Readers will be laughing themselves silly." —Publishers Weekly, starred review
About the Author
- Publisher : Dial Books (15 March 2016)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0803739842
- ISBN-13 : 978-0803739840
- Reading age : 8 - 12 years
- Item Weight : 482 g
- Dimensions : 14.94 x 2.41 x 18.57 cm
- Country of Origin : India
- Best Sellers Rank: #316,026 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
Then I read it to my seven-year-old, who LOVED it, demanded more and more pages of it every night, and then immediately wanted Book 1 to be read to him.
And neither of us can't wait for Book 3! Needless to say, we pre-ordered it.
Hooray for hilarious, snarky hamster princesses and their riding-quail companions!