- Reading level: 8 - 12 years
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Press (3 September 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781408855652
- ISBN-13: 978-1408855652
- ASIN: 1408855658
- Product Dimensions: 19.7 x 2.7 x 13 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1,492 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #53 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Paperback – 3 Sep 2014
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on ICICI Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on ICICI Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
I've yet to meet a ten-year-old who hasn't been entranced by its witty, complex plot and the character of the eponymous Harry * Independent * Spellbinding, enchanting, bewitching stuff * Mirror * Teachers say a chapter can silence the most rowdy of classes * Guardian * One of the greatest literary adventures of modern times * Sunday Telegraph * The Harry Potter stories will join that small group of children's books which are read and reread into adulthood * TLS *
About the Author
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was J.K. Rowling's first novel, followed by the subsequent six titles in the Harry Potter series, as well as three books written for charity: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. The Harry Potter novels have now sold over 450 million copies worldwide and been translated into 78 languages.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
1,492 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update 09/17: Just finished listening to this audio-book, and it was every bit as enjoyable as I had expected it to be, if not more.
I guess what made this experience better was the fact that it'd been quite some time since my last reading of Harry Potter, and the details had gotten kinda hazy in my mind, so it was almost like re-discovering one of my favorite stories of all time in a new format, which was an incredible experience.
Now did I get any new insights into the story? NO. But then I wasn't expecting to. Since I had read/re-read and dissected the initial HP books more times than I would like to admit, it would have been a miracle for me to find new information.
But you know what they say about re-reading a book that you truly love? You almost never leave empty handed from the experience.
I enjoyed re-discovering the wonder of Hogwarts, and all the firsts that Harry went through in this book, and also re-connecting with Ron, Hermoine, Neville, Dumbledore & everyone else really.
It was an interesting nostalgic experience, difficult to explain, but in a very weird way it was also almost like re-connecting with myself, with the person who I was all those years back, when I first read Harry Potter.
Strange how human mind works, right? Strange how these things called books hold so much more than the characters & stories written within them!
Recommendation (For Audio): Okay, as far as this book/series goes, of-course I recommend it to everyone on this planet, but I'd recommend the audio format only for re-reads.
I'm possibly biased here, but according to me this story unfolds best on paper, though like I said, this is not an objective opinion, so take it with a pinch of salt.
But for re-reads/listens, this version narrated by Jim Dale is pretty darn good, and does complete justice to the original, which is saying a lot.
-Shantala @ Shanaya Tales Dot Com
ANVEE SONTAKKE ....
This book is ideal for everyone and specially for kids. The cover is very beautiful. Definitely go for it.