Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 75.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 40.00 Delivery charge
The Heart and the Bottle Paperback – 2 September 2010
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (9): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Kotak Bank Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 250 on minimum order of Rs. 1,000 with RuPay Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Citi/Kotak/ICICI Cards (except ICICI Debit): Additional Flat cashback of Rs.1,500 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- For Non-Prime members: Get 5% instant discount + 3% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Prime Savings : Save 10% with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card: Additional Flat cashback of Rs.750 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Praise for The Heart and the Bottle:
“Beautifully produced and profoundly moving… It made me cry, and I’m pretty sure I won’t be the only one.” The Irish Times
“Jeffers anatomises loss and the processes of grief with an honesty and ingenuity that will move adults and children of any age.” Telegraph
Praise for Oliver Jeffers:
“Oliver Jeffers makes impressive use of space in this affecting story of friendship … illustrations capture feelings of loss and loneliness through the most delicate nuances of facial expression … and body language.” Julia Eccleshare, The Guardian
“Hail to new talent … If only all picture books could be this good.” The Bookseller
About the Author
Oliver Jeffers graduated from The University of Ulster in 2001 with First Class honours. His outstanding talent has been recognised by several high-profile awards, including the Nestlé Children’s Book Prize Gold Award. ‘Lost and Found’ animation was broadcast on Channel 4. Oliver lives and works in Brookyln, New York.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 240 g
- Paperback : 32 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0007182343
- ISBN-10 : 9780007182343
- Product Dimensions : 25.15 x 0.51 x 25.91 cm
- Publisher : UK Children's (2 September 2010)
- Reading level : 5 - 8 years
- ASIN : 0007182341
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #26,429 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, we bought this book, after going through the first 3-4 pages using the "Look Inside" option. The initial pages gave me an impression that it's fun book with a lot of heart in it, just like the above mentioned books. But after receiving it, me and my wife had to discuss about what the story is, how it is presented. It was narrated in a complex way and then came the big question -
How do we explain it to our 5 yr old son and will he understand it? The answer is NO. So we returned it.
I was very disappointed with the quality of paper that it's printed on. The paper is too thin for my liking and looks cheap since it's a bit glossy. For such a wonderfully illustrated children's book to be printed on a glossy paper is very disappointing. But I guess that's what you get for less that 250 bucks! Would not recommend book collectors to get this copy.
Top reviews from other countries
A fathers love towards his daughter, and a daughters devoted love towards her father. He is constantly watching, caring and overseeing, guiding her, teaching her, instructing her in embracing and bringing to life before her the deep well and the excitement of riches of life, the universe and everything. Until he is no longer there, no longer sitting in his chair, and the pervasive darkness of grief descends upon his little girl. Who devastated locks away her heart, her ability to love.
Yet she learns through another, someone smaller who still excited, and curious about the world teaches and practically assists in putting back her heart she had secured away into a bottle.
Unselfish love brings its own reward. Although there is much happiness in receiving love, there is even greater happiness in giving or showing, love to others.
That the epitome of love, pure, rich and a ceaseless flowing that love that will never end. When we begin to give our selves away, we find out immediately how good that is. Yet from a genuine caring heart.
When we give joy we receive joy, when we give hope we receive hope, when we give love we receive love, and when we give mercy we receive mercy. Everything we give away multiplies itself. And we rediscover the joy, gift and privilege of being alive.