Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 41.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 40.00 Delivery charge
Hiranyakashyap: The Narasimha Trilogy Book 2 Paperback – 15 July 2020
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 200 g
- Paperback : 264 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9353578191
- ISBN-13 : 978-9353578190
- Product Dimensions : 20 x 14 x 4 cm
- Publisher : HarperCollins India (15 July 2020)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,443 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Author - Kevin Missal
My rating- 3
As a sucker for mythologies, I had to read this book which is the second book in The Narasimha trilogy. I have already read the first book and liked it and since then I was curious about many questions that were left unanswered in the first book. If you haven't read the first book then you might find some spoilers in my review so I suggest that you should read the first book then read the second.
After surviving the three trials, Hiranyakashyap comes into possession of a celestial weapon and armor which makes him invincible. With his newfound power, he is all set to destroy Indra and his kingdom but on the other hand, Prahlad, his son, has joined Vishnusena and is opposing him. He is hell-bent on trying to change his son's mind and make him rejoin his side because the alternative is to kill his only living son. Narasimha is on his way to Kashyapuri to protect Prahlad but on his way, he meets an old friend and he derails from his path when his and his friend's life is endangered from poison and the only antidote is Soma.
The two characters go through major character development in this book I.e. Holika and Chenchen. Holika has a change of heart after reading Prahlad's journal and she begins questioning her judgment and on the other hand, Chenchen, the healer, comes out as a fighter and helps her friend Parvati in her quest to find her son. I think characterization could have been better as I feel that justice has not been done to many characters. If the size of the book were not this small, I believe that characters would be properly developed and the story wouldn't be rushed.
Many new characters were introduced in this book. The language of the book is very simple and lucid. So this book is also recommended for the beginners. The book has 237 pages and can be read in one sitting. Like the previous book, this book also ends with a major cliffhanger and now I can't wait to read the last book in the series. I love the narration and the story. The author has some really nice storytelling skills and I hope that the third book comes with a great story. The twists and turns in the story kept me hooked until the end. It was an interesting read.
This Yug's Avatar is destined to be from the Tribe of The Simbhas.
🙋🏻♀️Welcome to another Mythological fiction indulgence by me‼️
It's a book by "The" Kevin Missal guys, published by harpercollinsindia
The Narasimha Triology
This 264 page, 53 chapters read, full of action & drama, came out in July, this year‼️
#️⃣3 in Religious & Spiritual Fiction
#️⃣20 in Myths, Legends & Saga
🦁THE MAHAAVATAR TRIOLOGY
Book 1 NARASIMHA
Acc.to the author, this book was all about building up the scene, re-imagining the 4th avatar of Lord Vishnu.
BOOK 2 HIRANYAKASHAP
It carries the characters & their lives forward & injects extreme pace into the story.
Recommendation: Read Book 1.
Book 2 can be read as a STANDALONE too, though it took me sometime to get around the storyline.
The author has provided a SUMMARY of Book 1, for better understanding.
The book begins with an introduction to the TRIBES; the Devas, Asuras, Danavs, Simhas..
Followed by a summary- the story so far..
And a prologue..
Finally we get 53 chapters of non-stop action‼️
And yes, we get a map too!
Do you like reading Mytho- fiction❓
Can we avoid our destiny❓
💕I have always found Mythology very enchanting..
What do you feel abt it❓
This book is about;
* the revenge of HIRANYAKASHAP, who is one of the descendants from Brahma & heir to the invincible armour.
Will he be able to undergo the 3 trials of Brahma & defeat the Devas❓
* of HOLIKA, who again wants revenge, but from her own nephew, Prahlad, younger son of Hiranyakashap.
Will she be successful ❓
* of a Simha, a NARASIMHA, who wants to avoid his destiny until he finally realises, the hard way, that he cannot evade it.
Will he readily accept his destiny❓
* This book IS ALL ABOUT EMOTIONS I feel- love, fraternal, parental, greed for power, ego, fulfillment of duties & responsibilities, loss, revenge & being in tandem & accepting your destiny.
The book ends on a cliffhanger, an open ending giving way to BOOK 3 of the trilogy, PRAHLAD.
I relished it & devoured it in a single sitting ‼️( I haven't read book 1 though) & will collect & follow the series NOW‼️
The cover took my breath away. Just mesmerizing. The blurb gave us a gist of what to expect.
Narsimha on a journey looking for Prahlad comes face to face with his past which threatens to spoil his plans. Holika is strong,but misundertsandings make her negative and revengeful. Parvati has her own demons to face in her journey to find her son. All the characters/ stories are interwined and amalgamate at the same destination.
The book is riveting, engaging and adventerous at the same time. It starts from where the story left off. The suspense which was left hanging which picks up pace now. The narration keeps us on the edge.Lots of new characters added, they all add to the story but their contribution in taking the story ahead is okish. Nara and Chenchen's love story also runs in the backdrop.
This one too ends in a suspense.The last few chapters are written very well and keeps adding to the mystery level. The language and the depth of characters developed by the author is commendable. I liked the way the story flows. The transition has been smooth from 1st to 2nd.
Waiting for the 3rd one now.
My favorite quotes:
To create a new empire one must destroy the empire.
That the Avtaar will lose to Adharma in this yug.
We are born because a good person can never die. He can be trampled upon,broken,tortured but never fully incapacitated because he always has the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
Death is not the end but mearly a pause.