- Paperback: 322 pages
- Publisher: Amazing Reads (26 September 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9788192910994
- ISBN-13: 978-8192910994
- ASIN: 8192910997
- Product Dimensions: 29 x 20 x 3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3,517 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #17 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 40.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 60.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 100.00 Delivery charge
How to Win Friends and Influence People Paperback – 26 Sep 2016
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Dale Carnegie was an American pioneer of the development of personal business skills, self-confidence and motivational techniques. His work has touched the lives of millions of readers around the world.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
3,517 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The book was first publishes in 1936. So, it’s definitely old! Most of the examples of famous men, you won’t be able to relate at all, because you won’t know who they are. However, you will get point the author is trying to convey.
- The book basically tells you to be agreeable to all, find something to honestly like about them and praise them on it, talk about their interests only and, practically, act like a people pleaser all the time. The book gives practical advice, but somehow I feel if you really put this into practice, you might end up becoming a people-pleaser. You would come across as patronizing, trying to flatter people (I know the book tells you to do it by heart) all the time. You might just lose your respect among your peers.
- I’m not sure how much of this advice would help you in dealing with adults and people at workplace. It may work with kids. For example, it tells you not to condemn or criticize anyone. Now, this is difficult to implement in fast paced work environment, and especially in sales domain where you’re dealing with sales executives on a daily basis. People might just take advantage of you, if you’re too nice to everyone.
- I think the advice in this book would work great if everyone around you would implement the same in their life. However, if you’re surrounded by self-centered people, you’ll end up becoming a doormat if you follow this book.
- At some point, you might feel that the book is giving you pointers on how to exploit other’s emotions in order to gain an advantage for your own self.
- I think best way is to figure out which principles work for you, and which don’t, and accordingly act on it. Don’t blindly go out and try to implement every word written in this book.
Below is the summary of what this book teaches:
FUNDAMENTAL TECHNIQUES IN HANDLING PEOPLE
Principle 1 : Don't criticize, condemn or complain
Principle 2 : Give honest and sincere appreciation
Principle 3 : Arouse in the other person an eager want
SIX WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
1. Become genuinely interested in other people
3. Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language
4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves
5. Talk in terms of the other person's interest
6. Make the other person feel important - and do it sincerely
HOW TO WIN PEOPLE TO YOUR WAY OF THINKING
1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
2. Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never say, 'You're wrong.'
3. If you're wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
4. Begin in a friendly way.
5. Get the other person saying 'yes, yes' immediately.
6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
7. Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
8. Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.
9. Be sympathetic with the other person's ideas and desires.
10. Appeal to the nobler motives.
11. Dramatise your ideas.
12. Throw down a challenge.
BE A LEADER: HOW TO CHANGE PEOPLE WITHOUT GIVING OFFENCE OR AROUSING RESENTMENT
1. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
2. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticising the other person.
4. Ask questions instead of giving orders.
5. Let the other person save face.
6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be 'hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.'
7. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
8. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
9. Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
1. I started accepting each kind of person, even when I don't like his/her behaviour.
2. My mindset about the society is changed
3. Now I take different approach in dealing with people and there is improvement in handling ones perspective.
4. I had anger issue before and now that behaviour is withering.
5. Helped me in improving communication and relationships
The book is very important for self improvement and the explanation of every lesson is with a lot of examples. I have read every chapter nearly 3 times.
The following few are the things which I personally experienced and most of us do are:-
Hearty and Lavish in appreciation
Importance to once own name
Encouraging is far better than condemnation.
This book makes you to think in other people's perspective and how to get done your intended work from other people.
Thanks to Mr.Dale Carnegie for his works on personal communications and publishers of this book to sell in such an affordable price.
I already completed reading it twice and continuing reading to get all of it.
Also Will recommend it for every professionals who wants to master the interpersonal skills.
Please be patients while you read thru it, it is about realisation and connect real scenarios with the example what Mr Dale Carnegie mentioned.
Again I repeat It should be read by all who wants to improve interpersonal skills, both in professional world and personal life - family, friend and relatives.