- Paperback: 852 pages
- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education; Fifth edition (28 October 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 935260363X
- ISBN-13: 978-0070581579
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 14 x 4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3,344 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #211 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 91.99 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 85.00 Delivery charge
Indian Polity 5th Edition Paperback – 28 Oct 2016
There is a newer edition of this item:
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum purchase of Rs. 5,000 with SBI Credit cards and Credit Card EMIs Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
best book for polity laxmikant 5 th edition 2017,it is very well written,its complete book for self study,original book not a xerox copy,all previous year solved from 1993 to 2016 (mcq prelims) also solved mcq for prelims for practice (276 question) and many more question unsolved for upsc main exam. --ByAmazon Customeron 13 September 2017
An only book for Polity to clear Gov exam, but pdf of indian constitution also required for in depth comprehension. --ByAmazon Customeron 10 March 2017
Its a perfect book and you dont need anything else in this subject for pre if you have this book. It has almost every topic covered arranged in an organized manner and it helps increasing ur knowledge alot. A great buy --ByShweta Singhon 16 September 2017
About the Author
'M Laxmikanth obtained his postgraduate degree in Political Science from Osmania University in 1989. He is the former founder and director of an erstwhile coaching institute
From the Publisher
Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
The book itself needs no introduction. It is one of the most famous and comprehensive books on the subject and has been a consistent bestseller for many years. It is a must-read book for aspirants appearing in various competitive examinations, especially the civil services examinations. The book covers various new developments related to the subject, like recent constitutional amendments, parliamentary legislations, executive decisions and supreme court judgments. An effort has been made to make the contents of the book relevant, authentic and up-to-date.
- 76 chapters and 18 appendices covering the entire Indian political and constitutional spectrum
- Of the chapters, seven are brand new additions in this edition, with four new appendices
- Separate sections on non-constitutional bodies of India
- Invaluable reference for students of Law, Political Science and Public Administration
- UPSC questions on Indian Polity for Preliminary and Main Examinations
- Practice questions on Indian Polity for Preliminary and Main Examinations
- All existing chapters and appendices updated with additional information
- Written in an extremely lucid language which is easy to grasp
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Save more on book combosThis book is part of a collection. Unlock additional offers by shopping for the complete collection Shop now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
3,344 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In the xerox form of the book contains jumbled page and doubleprint you may see. Fortunately I don't suffer from the jumbled and reprieted book. But the page quality is so poor.
But the contents written by the author is like bible of Indian polity.
- New chapters have been added to 5th edition :
1) Parliamentary Group
2) Judicial Review
3) Judicial Activism
5) Niti Aayog
6) Voting behaviour
7) Election Laws
- 4 new appendices have been added too
- Inclusion of Previous years questions of Polity from:
2014, 2015 and 2016 Prelims
2013, 2014, 2015 Mains
-Essentially the book is more comprehensive, it is visibly THICKER now (Check the pictures attached) and is more relevant for the latest trends of UPSC (given the unpredictability)
- Language of the book is extremely simple and straight forward and it still feels like you are being spoon fed by the author. This is great for students who are preparing on their own.
I recommend this book to first time buyers as well as those who have the 3rd/4th edition of this book.
Else, you can take photocopies of the additional material from Delhi bookshops. But must update the earlier version.
Thanks for giving for precious time in reading this review.