Inner Engineering: A Yogi’s Guide to Joy Paperback – 12 December 2016
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (3): 10% Instant discount with AU Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 10% Cashback on ICICI Bank American Express Credit Card EMI Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on HSBC Credit Card EMI transactions Here's how
- Cashback (3): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid only for select customers on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who read this book also read
Must read ... Don't read further reviews just buy it and if u had seen Sadhguru all video in YouTube , I suggest u not to buy ... It's all copy from his speeches but I like his speeches so much that I can't resist myself buying this Beautiful book... I read it again n again. --ByJOYon 12 September 2017
I thought engineering is only related to physical world bcoz I an automobile engineer, but Sadhguru revealed another dimension so that engineering can be applied to our own body, i feel proud to be an Indian bcoz this inner engineering technology has been born here since ages, Sdhguru he himself is a reminder for us to go back and re-engineer ourselves. Excellent book. --ByAmazon Customer on 4 August 2017
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Paperback : 300 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780143428848
- ISBN-13 : 978-0143428848
- Dimensions : 15 x 2.2 x 21 cm
- Publisher : Penguin Random House India Pvt. Ltd.; Digital Original edition (12 December 2016)
- ASIN : 0143428845
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #92 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
5/5 rating for Amazon delivery and the page print quality...
Sadhguru talks about three important things which controls our thoughts and emotions in life... Those are *Body, *Mind, & *Energy...
*Body : Sadhguru says...
Body is the only thing that is visible and can easily controlled... Every human being has 5 senses i.e., 1) Touch, 2) Sight, 3) hearing, 4) Taste, and 5) Smell... If these 5 senses stops working then it is hard for one to realize actually what and who you are... So, these 5 senses plays a important role in life... and hence one should maintain them very well...
one must gain focus & control over these senses or else it will impact on one's Mind and Energy...
*Mind : Sadhguru says...
(Sadhguru) Shares and very interesting and funny story of A man wants to acquire Supernatural powers from a Spiritual guru... (pl. read the book for the story)
What ever you input to your brain the same output it gives... if you input positive thoughts only positive will be outcome... and vice versa...
*Energy : Sadhguru says...
If one uses energy in right direction it gives benefit and if one uses it in wrong direction one will suffer... Here Sadhguru treated Energy as Karma... and said If one do good to others the same will return to him/her... and vice versa...
The best part of the book is in Sadhana : A small exercise which helps one to do meditation... and there are bunch of sadhanas shared in this book...
My thoughts : If you are a follower of Sadhguru, then you like this book, If you are not, then I don't recommend this book to you... (Now this is totally subjective), Because at the last chapter Sadhguru talks about occult powers which I personally Didn't like, apart from that, this book is OK and pl. don't buy this book with full expectations... you may get disappointed).
I don't recommend this book to every one but only to sadhguru followers... and do recommend following books to read...
* Life's Amazing secrets - Gaur Gopal Das
* The power of Now - Eckhart Tolle
* Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill
* The power of subconscious mind - Joseph Murphy
* Jonathan Livingston seagull - Richard Bach
This is the book which you might have to read again and again to understand it more profoundly. This is the book that will stay with you.
- When I started reading thought will finish it within a week but it actually took me almost a month as it has enriched knowledge.
- It's written in a simple and understandable way.
- I really enjoyed the sense of humour which makes reading enjoyable.
- At the end the most important part is the "Sadhana" ( It's actually life changing if one impliment it)
I liked the way content is organized. Books contains major 4 sections - i) Overall paradigm and introduction; ii) Body; iii) Mind; iv) Energy
Some fun stories are interspersed to avoid this being a mundane reading affair. Note that this is not a philosophy or teaching as Sadhguru re-iterates in many of his youTube videos.
After each topic Sadhguru suggests a some simple "Sadhana" just like a small yogic experiment or practice to learn content by experience and not by mere reading. "Sadhana" is not compulsory and can be ignored in case is reader is not very keen to delve into experiential aspects. I found Sadhana topics very interesting.
Book print quality, typesetting, and paper quality is very good especially considering that price is just Rs. 180.
I would recommend this book for anyone interested in Yogic practices taught by Isha Foundation.
Note - In case you have gone through YouTube video you may be already aware of find many topics/ examples Sadhguru gives here. Advantage I found in book is that, the book presents the content in a structured and cohesive way. Youtube/Isha blogs are random readings/watching.
Top reviews from other countries
Also, lol at that guy Andrew who is totally trolling the 1 star section. Most of the replies on his 1 star review is him writing essays to himself or others on how much he hates the book, over and over again. He REALLY hates Sadhguru.