- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Random House; Reprint edition (8 September 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0385524579
- ISBN-13: 978-0385524575
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 1.3 x 20.2 cm
- Customer Reviews: 69 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,12,465 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Journey of a Thousand Miles: My Story Paperback – 8 September 2009
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (2): 10% instant discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi bank Credit/Debit Cards and Credit Card EMIs Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Cashback: Get ₹50 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid on minimum order of ₹250. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought these digital items
“Journey of a Thousand Miles is a fast read, told with the kind of breathless enthusiasm that echoes Lang Lang’s personality . . . Lang Lang’s story, with its trajectory from a chubby prodigy living in a Chinese backwater to a pop star of the classical music world based in America, is full of drama. It’s a tale of astounding talent born to parents who knew and appreciated the arts and recognized their son’s gifts.” —Chicago Sun-Times
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
This is a must for any musician,the fact that its true makes it even more incredible.
This book follows Lang Lang through his early life looking at the influence his parents and culture had on his development as an international, western-style, classical pianist.
It's a shame the photos are in black and white but the man is so colourful he makes up for this.
Lang Lang's career started almost in infancy and this was, to me, the most interesting part of the book for two reasons: How would you handle a child like this? How did it happen that ordinary Chinese people knew so much about 19th century western music such that there was no problem finding teachers for him? Lang Lang had a demanding father whose only aim was to make him "number one" and a never-present mother who worked to pay the bills. He has never had, and will never have, a normal life. But, neither did other historic prodigies, like Mozart and Artur Rubinstein. This is what we do with our most gifted children and it's a miracle when they become well-adjusted adults.