Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Let's Not Be Friends: The BRAND NEW laugh-out-loud, feel-good romantic comedy from Phoebe MacLeod Kindle Edition
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
What's a girl to do when Prince Charming turns into a frog?
City girl Sophie has married the prince (or landed gentry - close enough), moved to his pile (which is more accurate a description than she’d anticipated) and is set to live happily ever after with the love of her life . . . until she finds the other half of her perfect life in the stables with the stable girl, and they’re definitely not grooming the horses.
Shocked and appalled, Sophie’s no happier to learn that she’s supposed to 'just get on with it'. After all, according to her mother-in-law, she got the title . . . they even overlooked her family’s ‘new money’ status.
But Sophie is no one's doormat and there's no way she's going to turn a blind eye to her husband's infidelity. There may be some bumps on the road, but Sophie is going to find the life she deserves
Reader Reviews for Let's Not Be Friends:
'Loved it so much - I've already re-read it twice. The conversations with the mother-in-law are priceless. Also loved the overlap in characters with her other books' ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Reader Review
'I so enjoy a story where the female isn’t a whimpering damsel in distress. Loved everything about this book and read it in the same day. Brilliant, fun & a strong female lead' ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Reader Review
'An enjoyable five-star read, and one I’d highly recommend!' ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Reader Review
Praise for Phoebe MacLeod:
'A perfect love story'
'Humorous, light and romantic!'
'I absolutely loved it. Heart-warming, just perfect!'
'I loved every minute reading this book, light hearted and fun, finished in a day!'
'I smiled so much'
'What a wonderful book'
About the Author
- ASIN : B0BBKWV63L
- Publisher : Boldwood Books (23 November 2022)
- Language : English
- File size : 2160 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 258 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1804262722
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,114 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #37 in Action & Adventure (Kindle Store)
- #97 in Action & Adventure (Books)
- #104 in Contemporary Fiction (Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Sophie has the courage and the self-respect to walk out. While the support of her parents and the fact that she could walk back into her old job cannot be discounted, she actually took a stand for herself and her future.
Sophie gradually begins to make friends with the people in her building, including the mysterious Elliot. Will she find love again?
Told in the first person, the story is told with humour and doesn’t drag at all.
I enjoyed reading this story of how it’s possible to build your life again even from pain and heartbreak.
Top reviews from other countries
Took a star off because it ends very abruptly. Especially on a kindle as book says 95 percent but the other 5 percent is a preview. So it feels like the end of a chapter but you turn the page and there's no more book.
As a jaded 80+year old I read for fun and this provided it in "why did you just interrupt me" attention seeking fashion. I have now read all I can find of this author and love her comedy offerings. Can't wait for the next one - please?
A great, uplifting book.