Living Without Stress or Fear: Essential Teachings on the True Source of Happiness Audible Audiobook – Original recording
The Mindful Path to Freedom from the Emotions That Cause Suffering
A life without stress or fear may seem like an impossible dream—yet Thich Nhat Hanh has spent a lifetime proving that it is not only possible, it is also within our grasp. On Living Without Stress or Fear, this treasured Zen master shares a message of hope: that we can, through the practice of mindfulness, find freedom from the grip of emotions like anxiety, anger, and despair.
“Suffering persists because we nourish the feelings that cause it,” reveals Thich Nhat Hanh. “Through mindful living, we learn to nourish our compassionate nature instead.”
Discovering Your “True Home” in the Present Moment
We do not find happiness by suppressing emotions like stress or fear. As Thich Nhat Hanh teaches, you can develop a capacity to deal with such emotions by building a sanctuary—your “true home”—in the present moment.
Through techniques such as “mindful breathing” and the “begin anew” practice, you purposefully expand your ability to dwell in a state of peaceful clarity, and develop the insight to see through to the underlying causes of negative emotions. By facing your inner darkness with awakened compassion, you can transform toxic energies within you—and radiate the energy of loving kindness to everyone around you.
Essential Teachings from a Legendary Voice for Peace
Thich Nhat Hanh has lived and taught the path of peace in the most challenging situations—carrying the light of compassion into places stricken by war, famine, and despair. Refined throughout a lifetime of mindfulness in action, he now shares his most transformative teachings and practices to guide you in your own journey to the source of happiness on Living Without Stress or Fear.
- Foundational mindfulness practices: being fully present while walking, breathing, and eating
- Seeds of happiness, seeds of suffering—how we choose which emotions to nourish with our attention
- The four-pebble meditation for openness, clarity, and grounding
- “No death and no birth, neither being nor non-being”—embracing the central paradox at the heart of fearless living
- The role of community in supporting your practice
- “We are all one organism”—perspective-shifting meditations on compassion
- Practices for bringing mindfulness into your family and your relationships
- Six sessions of Thich Nhat Hanh's core teachings and guided practices on mindfulness, compassion, and finding freedom from suffering
Thich Nhat Hanh is a Zen master in the Vietnamese tradition, scholar, poet, and peace activist who was nominated for the 1967 Nobel Peace Prize by Martin Luther King, Jr. He is the author of more than 40 books in English, including Peace Is Every Step and Living Buddha, Living Christ.
***PLEASE NOTE THE AUDIO IS FROM A LIVE RECORDING***
- 1 credit a month to use on any title to download and keep
- Listen to anything from the Plus Catalogue—thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts and audiobooks
- Download titles to your library and listen offline
- No commitment—cancel anytime
- Audible is ₹199.00/month after 30 days. Renews automatically.
|Listening Length||6 hours and 26 minutes|
|Author||Thich Nhat Hanh|
|Audible.in Release Date||15 January 2010|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #2,107 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#15 in Buddhist Philosophy & Practice
#39 in Stress Management
#127 in Self-Help for Stress Management