Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 75.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 70.00 Delivery charge
Lockwood & Co: The Empty Grave Paperback – Import, 21 September 2017
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
A brilliant culmination to a splendidly scary series, Metro
Stroud’s prose is evocative . . . and his horrors, pattering in the footsteps of M. R. James, depend more on the reader’s imagination than the writer’s gruesome welter. His humour is also perfectly judged, never undermining the terror, but allowing the reader to bask in the camaraderie of London’s smallest, most slapdash and unlikely ghost-hunting agency, the eponymous Lockwood and Co. Throughout the series, he has achieved great feats of characterisation. -- Imogen Russell-Williams, TLS
A devilishly good combination of engaging cast, memorable locations, comforting food and delicious pace all sewn together with seriously good, unaffected writing, The Empty Grave is the full monty; entertainment, excitement and intelligence sprinkled with wit and verve and sparkling throughout with an endorphin-laced exploration of a liminal frontier – in this case the very boundary between the living and the dead. The Empty Grave is a fitting and extraordinary end to a remarkable series; I am very envious of those who are yet to discover Lockwood & Co. for themselves.-- Zoe Toft, Playing By The Book
[T]he thrilling finale to the multi award-winning series, and the excitement and tension are held right to the very end. Sad to see a great series reach its conclusion, but better to go out on a high note, as this does., Parents in Touch
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 320 g
- Paperback : 560 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780552575799
- ISBN-13 : 978-0552575799
- Product Dimensions : 12.9 x 3.5 x 19.8 cm
- Publisher : Corgi Childrens (21 September 2017)
- ASIN : 0552575798
- Reading level : 9 - 11 years
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #21,524 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just when you think how much better can this get he surprises you Weaving a web with his iconic characters in a fictitious London I was just mesmerised
Top reviews from other countries
This is the perfect time of year to read about Lucy's adventures with Lockwood and Co., so I would urge you, if you haven't already read the first book in the series, give it a go.
The Lockwood series was more of the same. A beautifully imagined alternative contemporary London haunted at night by ghosts that only children and young adults can see, but that will happily kill anyone who crosses their path.
Lockwood runs an independent psychic detective agency that struggles for survival against large corporate interests, various crooked characters and legions of ghosts. Through their adventures we got to know first Lucy, the books narrator, who has an extremely rare talent for hearing and even communicating with the ghosts. We also encountered George, the dogged and often egg stained researcher, and then came Holly, Flo Bones, the skull in the jar and a wonderful cast of other actors.
In this book the agency finally square up against the mighty Fittes agency. They start off by breaking into agency founder's Marissa Fittes' grave, on the hunch that the long dead founder of the agency may not be quite as dead as everyone thinks. That experience sends them hurtling down a path with many twists and turns and some extraordinary discoveries and even more extraordinary danger.
This is a stunning and thoroughly enjoyable climax to the Lockwood series. I will be sad to see it end (although perhaps the author left the possibility open that we may meet some of the characters again in a spin off).
Few books have me laughing out loud, but this one did. Jonathan Stroud's writing is real treat and these books are thoroughly recommended.
These books are fantastic and would make a great movie franchise. They have the darkness of Harry Potter, but with a storyline that is not based on Magic, but instead a future where ghosts and ghouls stalk the Earth haunting and killing anyone who comes too close. The twist is that only children can see them and hear them and are doing everything in their power to protect the adults from what has been named 'The Problem'.