Looking for the Rainbow Hardcover – 19 May 2017
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (2): 10% Instant discount with AU Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on HSBC Credit Card EMI transactions Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid only for select customers on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who read this book also read
About the Author
Ruskin Bond was born in Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh and grew up in Jamnagar, Dehradun, New Delhi and Shimla. As a young man, he spent four years in the Channel Islands and London. He returned to India in 1955. He now lives in Landour, Mussoorie, with his adopted family.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 454 g
- Hardcover : 96 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0143441078
- ISBN-13 : 978-0143441076
- Dimensions : 29.01 x 19.99 x 3 cm
- Publisher : Penguin Random House India (19 May 2017)
- Reading level : 9 - 16 years
- Language: : English
Best Sellers Rank:
#68,158 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #4,396 in Biographies & Autobiographies (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Every time I came across say the title of his books or cover for that matter, it gave me a sense of comfort. A comfort that is sure to bound you in colors of life and nature at once. Reading this beautiful story that is brought to us from his own life experience, makes it all the more worthwhile. The 2 years that he lived with us daddy making memories is depicted perfectly with the right blend of words and illustrations to go hand in hand. Daddys always have a special tenderness towards their sons and daughters though they might fail to show you but, he is always the superhero never to forget, unlikely here his dads been the only person he's been along. Introducing him to various areas of knowledge, right from stamps to various country knowledge, made him what he is today. At the end this book will make you learn a fact that circumstances may be take you down, but solitude is what one seeks.
This book basically gives a glimpse into his childhood days and the impact his father has left on his life, which were later reflected in his works. Maximal proportion of this book deals with Bond's bonding with his father, and the time they got to spent together by their mutual love for food, books, stamps and cinemas. However, destiny had some other plans for both of them because sometimes, things don't work out as we want them to. That is life. The book did end on a poignant note, but didn’t generate any kind of bitterness in the minds of the readers.
Easy to read, quick, witty and thoughtful. ❤
Also, there are wonderful illustration throughout the book that adds to its beauty.
Books like these pass from generation to generation.
Do grab your copy now 😊
Very Pleasing.. !! 🌹🌹