Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
The purchase of this ebook edition does not entitle you to receive access to the Connected eBook on CasebookConnect. You will need to purchase a new print book to get access to the full experience including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities, plus an outline tool and other helpful resources.
Health Care Law and Ethics, Ninth Edition offers a relationship-oriented approach to health law—covering the essentials, as well as topical and controversial subjects. The book provides thoughtful and teachable coverage of every aspect of health care law. Current and classic cases build logically from the fundamentals of the patient/provider relationship to the role of government and institutions in health care. The book is adaptable to both survey courses and courses covering portions of the field.
- New authors Nick Bagley and Glenn Cohen
- Incorporated anticipated changes to the Affordable Care Act
- More current cases and more streamlined notes, including ones on medical malpractice, bioethics, and on finance and regulation
- More coverage of “conscientious objection” and “big data” - Discussion of new “value based” methods of physician payment - Expanded coverage of “fraud and abuse”
- Current issues in public health (e.g., Ebola, Zika) and controversies in reproductive choice (e.g., Hobby Lobby)
- Coverage of cutting-edge genetic technologies (e.g., gene editing and mitochondrial replacement)
includes free wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet