|Kindle Price:|| 499.00 |
Save 500.00 (50%)
|Sold by:||Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings Private Limited|
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
M is for Marquess (Heart of Enquiry Book 2) Kindle Edition
From USA Today Bestseller Grace Callaway comes a steamy and riveting tale...
A former spy with dangerous secrets fears nothing...except his dark desire for the delicate virgin he cannot have.
"Gabriel and Thea from this book were two of the best characters I read this year." -Romantic Historical Reviews
"It had me captivated from the beginning with a hot alpha and dark sensual promises; all mixed in with romance and a gripping mystery." -Nicola, Goodreads
A Prisoner of His Past
Gabriel Ridgley, the Marquess of Tremont, is dubbed The Angel for his pristine reputation. Yet he harbors a dark secret: a spy during the Napoleonic Wars, he bears deep and dangerous scars. When he meets Miss Dorothea Kent, a delicate virgin, he is torn between carnal desire--and the need to protect her from his inner demons.
A Captive of Her Passions
Despite a frail constitution, Thea Kent has strength of spirit and heart. A wild attraction blooms between her and Gabriel, a widowed aristocrat with tortured eyes, yet he resists the pull between them. When fate places his disabled son in her care, she's determined to guard the boy--and unravel the mystery of Gabriel's past.
Freed by Love and Passion
Someone is killing Gabriel's former colleagues, and he may be next on the list. As the desperate hunt for the villain begins, he and Thea get entangled in intrigue, betrayal, and desire too powerful to resist. Will trust help them to survive... and true love set them free?
Grace's books feature sizzling hot historical romance, fun and feel-good happily ever afters, and intriguing mystery and adventure. This book can be enjoyed as a stand-alone novel and as a part of Grace's interconnected series.
Heart of Enquiry (The Kents) (hot Regency romance)
Prequel Novella: The Widow Vanishes (Will & Annabel)
1. The Duke Who Knew Too Much (Alaric & Emma)
2. M is for Marquess (Gabriel & Thea)
3. The Lady Who Came in from the Cold (Marcus & Penny)
4. The Viscount Always Knocks Twice (Richard & Violet)
5. Never Say Never to an Earl (Sinjin & Polly)
6. The Gentleman Who Loved Me (Andrew & Primrose)
Game of Dukes (hot Victorian romance)
1. The Duke Identity (Harry & Tessa)
2. Enter the Duke (Ransom & Maggie)
3. Regarding the Duke (Garrity & Gabby)
4. The Duke Redemption (Wickham & Beatrice)
5. The Return of the Duke (Knight & Fancy)
6. Steamy Winter Wishes: A Hot Historical Romance Short Story (featuring characters from all of Grace's series)
Lady Charlotte's Society of Angels (hot Victorian romance)
1. Lady Olivia and the Masked Duke (Olivia & Ben)
2. Pippa and the Prince of Secrets (Pippa & Cull)
3. Fiona and the Engimatic Earl (Fiona & Thomas, Preorder today!)
Mayhem in Mayfair (hot Regency romance)
1. Her Husband's Harlot (Helena & Nicholas)
2. Her Wanton Wager (Percy & Gavin)
3. Her Protector's Pleasure (Marianne & Ambrose)
4. Her Prodigal Passion (Charity & Paul)
About the Author
- ASIN : B011DVGI6E
- Publisher : Grace Callaway Books (16 July 2015)
- Language : English
- File size : 2108 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 336 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1939537169
- Best Sellers Rank: #316,215 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #10,916 in Historical Romance (Kindle Store)
- #12,376 in Historical Romance (Books)
- #16,803 in Historical Fiction (Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
I am eagerly looking forward to the next book and more about the Kents.
My only quibble would be that it's really hard to tell Gabriel from Alaric. They are basically the same character. Once again, this book contains a fair amount of sex - which I'm not against by any means! - but as in book 1, it's very smutty - bordering on 50 Shades which is on the fence enjoyable for me. But my big issue is that there are too many similarities between the two men. Both are dominant in the bedroom; both had bad first marriages; both thought they were in love with their first wife and are now soured on love; both want to be happy in a marriage without love and tell teh "h" so'; both are determined they will not technically "consumate" the relationship until marriage although all other things sexual are on the table. The author even has both characters say the same phrase during a sex scene!
Maybe these things wouldn't be so obvious if I hadn't read the two books back to back. But I'm the kind of person who enjoys reading a series in order and fairly close together so all the characters and events are fresh in my mind. I would like to read the other books in the series, but I think I'll wait a few months and see if I get more enjoyment from it that way. For me, reading books 1 and 2 back to back, had too many similarities. Sure even Thea describes Gabriel as having "so many layers she wanted to peel them all back" which is exactly how Emma describes Alaric! (once again, if I hadn't read them back to back, I probably wouldn't have noticed this.) I just found this repetativeness pulled me out of the story - which in itself was really good.