- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: DK (1 January 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0241357659
- ISBN-13: 978-0241357651
- Product Dimensions: 19.8 x 2.2 x 23.4 cm
- Customer Reviews: 130 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #31,807 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 65.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 110.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
The Marvel Book: Expand Your Knowledge Of A Vast Comics Universe Hardcover – 1 January 2019
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (3): Prime Savings : 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 650 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with HDFC Bank Debit Card (Non-EMI) transactions. Here's how
- Prime Savings : 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with HDFC Bank Credit Card and Credit/Debit EMI transactions. Here's how
- Prime Savings : Flat 5% Reward Points + 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000) Here's how
- No Cost EMI (2): No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback: Get daily rewards up to ₹100 on shopping with Amazon Pay UPI.Check your eligibility here Here's how
- Partner Offers (3): Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Top international reviews
If you found this review helpful, please hit the 'Helpful' button to let me know that writing these reviews is worthwhile.
It provides an entertaining and insightful, hugely collectable guide to an intoxicatingly thrilling universe of Marvel.
A concise, yet, in-depth look at the key events that shaped the Marvel Universe, to individual character analysis and how they've evolved through time.
Evidently intermingled of course, with character transmutation shaped through real life events and the troubles and turmoils we face in this new age of worldly politics, human rights and the environment we live in today.
Written in an attractive easy to grasp, double-page per character format. Suitable for fans young and old:
▪︎ON THE RECORD - A simple chart per character, provides fast noteworthy facts;
▪︎INFOGRAPHICS - A quick and concise visual reminder to the characters' traits;
▪︎TOPIC BOX - noteworthy background info. And key moments and people from the character's history. Written in a concise, info.-packed form.
▪︎Quotes "🗯" - A quote per character, perhaps a favourite quip or their overall attitude narrowed down to a few words....or one!
A well written mini encyclopedia jammed with stunning visual imagery, and riffraff-free content. I highly recommend!
It provides an overview of the (often bewildering) groups, associations, events and concepts that can be difficult to grasp and follow; there are useful time-lines and explanatory box-outs containing information on characters/groups and some of the more esoteric details that place them in context.
Best dipped-into rather than read end-to-end, it deals exclusively with the comic books/graphic novels – all the illustrations are taken from the graphic history of the franchise – there is no reference to the films.
I thought I knew my Marvel worlds quite well, but this book reveals just how big the imagined Multiverse really is.
A handy book to have for the dedicated reader of Marvel comics.
Do use the “Look inside” option above for a taster of the contents.
I don't know what your first taste of Marvel was, but you won't be disappointed if you dip into this book. Beautifully put together, it has well written capsule histories for a lot of Marvel characters, and delves into some of the relationships between characters and groups that make the MComicsU what it is today.
As such I probably have more knowledge of their comics and characters than the average person on the street, which is why I think I have come away from this book a little disappointed. Mainly because of the lack of inclusion of some characters.
Don't get me wrong, all the big hitters are here and if you have been introduced to Marvel through the MCU (and other films) then you are unlikely to be disappointed as you will find plenty of info on the characters you know and learn about their exploits on the printed pages. But if you're like me you might be upset to find characters like Captain Britain are only mentioned in passing with a reference to the Captain Britain Corps.
Of course, like any book on Marvel and their characters this is already inevitably dated due to the fact that new comics are coming out every month. However that is impossible to avoid, unfortunately.
A great gift for someone else or possibly a treat for your self!