Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 69.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 40.00 Delivery charge
MASTER HAROLD AND THE BOYS: A Play (Vintage International) Paperback – 13 October 2009
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
"The greatest active playwright in the English-speaking world." —Time
"In 'Master Harold' . . . and the boys the author has journeyed so deep into the psychosis of racism that all national boundaries quickly fall away, that no one is left unimplicated by his vision. . . . Mr. Fugard has forced us to face point-blank, our capacity for hate . . . but we're also left with the exultant hope that we may yet practice compassion without stumbling. . . . The choice, of course, is ours. Mr. Fugard's wrenching play, which insists that we make it, is beyond beauty."—Frank Rich, The New York Times "An exhilarating play . . . a triumph of playmaking, and unforgettable!" —New York Post
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- ASIN : 0307475204
- Publisher : Vintage; 1st edition (13 October 2009)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 64 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780307475206
- ISBN-13 : 978-0307475206
- Item Weight : 68 g
- Dimensions : 13.21 x 0.51 x 20.32 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #200,799 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
- Themes aplenty- race, father figures, intellect, age, art...
- And the symbolism- kites, ballroom dancing, comic books...
- Characters- so well-developed for a play that spans the course of just one afternoon
- The dialogue is so rich and powerful- the climax of the play is incredibly moving and insanely well-written
- Much can be done with historical and social context
Definitely a good read- would be a great airplane read- short, but deep (unless you're sitting next to a noisy child or a loud snorer).